~~February Golden Girls~~

You're on Page 26 of 33
Go to
  • Good morning GG's,

Off to work here pretty soon.

Went to physical therapy yesterday for that sciatic pain. She did the initial evaluation and started me with a couple stretches. I go back again tomorrow. During the evaluation, I said that I would probably be better off if I lost this extra weight. She said ~ well it is hard to exercise when you are in pain. I appreciated that attitude. It seems like so often the dr's or what ever, make you feel bad because you haven't made much progress. (Or at least that is how I end up feeling ~ don't know if it is my imagination or my guilty conscience.) Anyway, she made me feel like she would help me get feeling better so I could exercise more.

I wanted to share a cute story from last night. (Grandpa to the rescue
    I passed by the front door last night on my way to bed, the front light was on and the door unlocked, DH's shoes were gone. He had been out to get them mail earlier, so I wasn't sure what he was doing now. Shortly he returned ~ flashlight in hand. Said he had been to Sara's twice in the last 1/2 hour (they live just .3 miles ~ right around the corner). Sara had called him, asked him if he knew where Zebra was. Zebra is Maddie's favorite stuffed animal/best friend. Luckily he had found zebra up in the grass on a street corner near Maddie's house. (They had been out riding their bikes and Zebra was on Maddie's bike and apparently fell off unnoticed.) Sara said that if Zebra has 9 lives like a cat, that he has used up about 6 of them. Zebra has been left in a bucket at Home Depot. Another time, when it was bed time, Zebra was missing. They had been to the park earlier in the day. Robert went to the park ~ it was dark by then ~ there was Zebra sitting all alone out on the grass in the park. It is a wonder that some dog or kid hasn't found him and carried him off ~ LOL.

I asked DH if perhaps Maddie could carry Zebra in her little back pack. He said he thought that she would get tired of carrying that around. I told him maybe I could rig up some kind of little box on her bicycle so she could carry Zebra along and he wouldn't fall off. DH said he thought it would be better to encourage her to let Zebra stay at home from now on. One time he will get lost and we won't be so lucky to find him.

Ok, I'd better get ready for work. Maddie's sitter is sick, so Maddie is on her way her for Grandpa to watch. She will be showing up soon. That will make my day start with a smile.

Hope you all have a good one.

Take care

• Good Morning Girls,
    I still haven't caught up on all the posts, I will when I have the time. We're winding down at DD's house, can't do anymore until the countertops are put in. (ON ORDER). Yesterday I cleaned up the new floor, got all the floor paste off the top of the floor. (Amazing we tracked so much on it)
    We are so buried in bills since we're paying for 1/2 of our DD's kitchen remodeling, the bill keeps growing. We're at $5,500 right now and still haven't paid the helper yet. Yikes, I think DH will have to make a trip to Cabela's and sell another gun.
    We didn't need any more money going out and of course our water pressure tank went on the blitz, couldn't use water for two days until the new tank arrived. Yesterday the plumber put it in, don't have the bill for that yet. Today I'll catch up on laundry, I showered and DH got his bath in this morning. Then back into town to yell at the pharmacist for shorting me on my RX. I get an occasional migraine headache and take a pill that retails for $9.00 a pill. Insurance pays most of it but it still costs me $20.00 for 9 pills. Instead of 9 pills, I only got 3.#@&**!
    I did catch the posting of the Decorah eagles. Lynn...you always get 19 seconds of commercials when you click on the site. The mom/dad eagle has been laying eggs in that same nest for a a few years. (estimated weight of nest is 1,000 pounds. They have a cam recorder up 24/7 and they draw eagle watchers from all over the world. They have two chat sites, don't click on the chat tab...use the SS tab instead and you can see people chatting from all over. The female has laid two eggs so far, they are expecting a third egg today. It's really interesting to watch. Last year I watched the eggs break and all three babies hatch and grow up. They tagged one of the female babies last year and they have a map up to where it flies.
    I'm burning sunlight, later gators.
    P.S. Whose birthday did I miss, Lynard? Sorry...Happy B'day.
    KarenFla...right about Mary getting her email address off, yikes.

• Bobbi and CK - I'm so enjoying watching the eagle mama! THANK YOU!! However, time to get rolling for work.... Later!
  • I just happened to catch this, this morning... Dad came in to give Mom a break! I sure enjoy watching them! Now I need to go and give Sissy her bath before she sees the vet this afternoon!! Have a Great Day!!

• Hi everyone. we just got back from the vets,sadie is being spayed today. and other dogs got checkups and all their shots,and gizmo had a nail trim. we go back to get sadie at 5pm. last nite sadie jumped up and banged the storm door and knocked the glass out.wowza that could have been bad but luckily nothing broke. on our way to the vets we passed the DiamondK ranch where they have a huge field with horses,cows and lammas. they had just been fed and heared all in agroup and amongst them where 3 moose. it sure surprized us as none of them seemed in the least concerned just all eating peacefully. it was a neat moment. wish i had my camera. hope your days a good one.. yay its the weekend. ttfn rosey
  • Marie..I thought of you and your huskies when I read about this dog. I didn't know they were runners until you told me. My dh said to me, duh! That's what they're bred to do, run. The owners said Chassis hasn't stopped eating or drinking since he got home. He also smelled like skunk!

Quote:
    7 Weeks and 300 Miles Later, Dog and Duluth Family Reunited

Updated: Friday, 24 Feb 2012, 1:14 PM CST
    Published : Friday, 24 Feb 2012, 1:13 PM CST

DULUTH, Minn. - Chassis, a one-year-old Siberian husky from rural Duluth, broke loose from her chain on New Years Day, marking the beginning of family’s emotional search for their lost dog.
    Teresa and Nick Musel searched by snowmobile, truck and foot for their lost dog with no luck, until a woman spotted a Craigslist post for a husky found in southern Minnesota.
    Seven weeks and 300 miles later, Chassis was found in Taopi, Minn., where she was taken in by a family.
    Chassis was thinner and had debris matted into her fur. Today, she’s back home in Duluth and now has a microchip.

Read more: 7 Weeks and 300 Miles Later, Dog and Duluth Family Reunited http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/dpp/n...#ixzz1nKvVk4xb
  • Hi if you would like to see a picture of the chihauhua puppies we are going to look at type in Alaskaslist. then scroll down to pets. the puppies are the 4th add down akc chihauhau sodotna. they are so cute. rosey
  • Hi...why is the site burping again? I had to screw around with my post yesterday kept getting a data base message....finally copied and pasted and emailed it to me and than on the page. Today had to come in by FoxFire....Busy getting stuff done here...played bridge and think we came in 2nd....bbl k3
  • Rosie, too cute. I like the all black ones! Are you buying another puppy?
    KarenFla...I started having big problems with IE, switched to Firefox and problems disappeared.
  • Yesterday and today I had trouble with both IE and Firefox!! GRRR!
  • The Van Gogh show was WONDERFUL. He was a truly amazing artist. When you get up close to one of his paintings & see how few strokes he made to create an image, it is really unbelievable. Saw MANY paintings I had never seen before.

Lynn
  • Hi everyone. Bobbie we have been looking for a female so gizmo can father some mini gizmos. both my grdd want a puppy like him. i was going to use him for stud and get one puppy as afee but decided we would just get our own female. as you know i love my dogs so one more little fur baby is agood thing. we are going into uncharted territory tho as we never done this befor. i'll make up my mind when we go see them. yah right im going to melt. lol nothing new to report. i made german pork chops for supper. brown pork chops(iused boneless) place in cassarole,cover with a can or jar of drained sourkrout,slice up and apple and place on top.sprinkel with 2T of brown sugar,add 1 cup white wine. cover and bake. esp good with mashed potatoes.you can adjust amounts according to # eating. hope your evenings peaceful rosey

breakfast
    coffee

lunch
    chix breast
    1/2 c grapes

snack
    coffee mocha
    1/2 c granola trail mix

dinner
    1 small pork chop
    1 /2 cup sourkrout and apples
  • Rosey, I wish you’d had your camera when you saw the moose eating with the cows and llamas. That would have been cool. I hope Sadie is just fine. Her enjoyment of pushing your buttons might reduce some with the procedure. Someday, probably after I retire, I'm going to breed one of my dogs (future one). It's definitely my dream. So I will be jealous when Gizmo and new pup make babies in a few years.

Bobbi, I’m so glad that Chassis made it home. I think after 7 weeks, I’d have been a wreck not knowing where my puppy was. Huskies are runners and usually will take off in a heartbeat. For some reason, Kai doesn’t and that’s nearly unheard of. I’m glad Chassis is now micro chipped. All my dogs are. Kai got hers when she was 7 weeks old. They’re cheap now and such good peace of mind. And the skunk smell, that just goes with doggies on the run.

Lynn, I’d loved to have seen the Van Gogh display. I hate going to museums and such, but I love looking a incredible art. I’d love to see a Monet display as well

Today was part one of the pain eradication. The dreaded colonoscopy. The prep wasn’t great last night as the bum gets very sore from the cleanse. The procedure was nothing as I was asleep. There were dilemmas about the anesthesia because of my soy/peanut allergy. I guess they usually use Propofol and it has soy in it. The anesthesiologist just nodded when I told him about the allergy and condescendedly said, “Thanks for letting me know” – totally dismissing it. My surgeon is the one that told me at the consultation that it was a big deal. I actually listened to their argument and my surgeon was pissed that he was explaining the problem to the one that should know. I researched it when I got home and the drug says not to give with a peanut/soy allergy even though it was soybean oil, not the protein that is an allergen as there have been some deaths from it. Anyway, there’s a drug shortage of the other one they would use so they used general anesthesia. Not ideal, but the surgeon barked that the anesthesiologist when the one suggested we wait till another day. He not so calmly pointed out I’d already don the nasty prep and that my surgery in 10 days required this to be done first. I really like the surgeon. I got him to laugh afterwards when I said, “Can I go now? I’m fine.” Apparently it was a good thing that I had it as there were three polyps he removed. He said they looked like the precancerous type but that he’d know more from pathology. So instead of every ten years for that fun, I’ve moved into the every three year category unless it was a different polyp that would put me in the five year one. Oh yay. But I will do it. He said there are three major risk factors for polyps. One, smoker (nope). Two, obesity (I raised my hand on that one) and African American. Since I was obese for most of my life, I was in the risk category. Now for the cool NSV – when I was going to la-la land, I heard them say they should have had me roll on my side first. And the surgeon (very distinct voice so I knew it was him), said, “No problem. She’s small.” SMALL!!!!! I went to la-la quite happy.

Now I’m dealing with nasty abdominal cramps but that should only last a day. Pretty much onto part two in 10 days.

I know I didn’t do many personals but HI to everyone.
    Marie
  • Good evening GG’s,

Yippee ~ the weekend is here. It has been a nice relaxing gorking evening. A little internet and TV, now almost time for bed. Gotta do my stretches first though. Sigh ~

Lots of stuff I need to do this weekend. Haircut, physical therapy appointment, start altering those ugly scrubs (LOL). Oh and my hearing aid came, so I have to try and figure that out. K3 ~ you had mentioned frustration with yours. I got mine from a company ~ not sure if I am allowed to name it on here ~ very reasonable price. My sister got hers from the same company and loves hers. If you want the name and website of it ~ let me know, I will get it to you.

Got some exciting news this morning. My youngest daughter and her husband and little Evie are gonna get to come visit ~ a couple weekends from now. Originally Sara and her family were gonna drive up there to NC where Jen lives during Corbin‘s spring break. I don’t know how Sara was able to convince Jen to come down here, but she did. It will be neat ~ like a mini family reunion as DH’s dad will be here that weekend also.

Ok, they eyes are starting to get heavy.

Hope you all have good rest.

Take care
  • Marie - I hear you about the nasty prep. I had to do that before the reversal surgery. I was still wearing the colostomy bag, which you'd think would make it easier, but the bag was filling up so fast I just left the drain open on the bottom and sat on the toilet for 6 hours. So my sore butt was from sitting on the toilet for so long. I took my book in with me. Good thing we have another toilet in the basement or DH would have been out of luck!

No nurse called to make an appointment for today, so I might have to call them. I've been left off the list before!