I'm getting a puppy!!!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • In September 2011, I made a bet with my partner on getting a dog. If I lost more (as a % of total body weight) we would get a puppy - if she lost more, we wouldn't. Well, I WON! In the time from 9/27/11 through 1/25/12 I lost 43 lbs or 12.08% of my total body weight and she didn't (I won't be specific on her numbers), so once she is home for good (sometime in July) we will be getting a new puppy!!! I am so happy! and now our gym is having a "biggest loser' contest and the grand prize if $500 - so now I have something else to motivate me. Anyway, even though I haven't been here in a long time I had to share with those that would understand. Thanks for 'listening'

Debbie
  • That's awesome- and not only that, but a dog is a great workout partner! Dogs make great walking, jogging, hiking and skiing companions (depending on the breed, of course!)

Enjoy! And I hope you will consider a rescue puppy either from the pound or from a local rescue group. So many dogs need good homes.
  • AWWWW!! And dogs are great what comes to walks. Treadmill does not whine and bark at you

My puppy (she is 7 ) keeps me going each day... I don't think I would walk this much without her.

And congrats on your weighloss! You rock!
  • How exciting!! What kind of puppy?
  • Yes, I want to know what kind of puppy as well. We are looking to get a puppy for my 16 year old boy. We are tossing around the idea of either a boxer or a pug.
  • Dogs are great, and puppies even better. I have 2 Golden Retrievers and I might be a little bias but they are the most awesome, loveable and loyal dogs out there!
  • Congratulations! Dogs are wonderful! I got my 21 month old chiweenie from the local animal shelter when he was 8 weeks old and about 2lbs. 6 months later I went to the SPCA and got him a friend, a 5 year old chihuaha. They are best friends and keep my partner and I well entertained!

Shannon
  • Best reward ever!!! Congrats!
  • Quote: That's awesome- and not only that, but a dog is a great workout partner! Dogs make great walking, jogging, hiking and skiing companions (depending on the breed, of course!)

Enjoy! And I hope you will consider a rescue puppy either from the pound or from a local rescue group. So many dogs need good homes.
    Yes, we are definately going with a rescue! I think they are the healthiest, no in breeding, etc.
  • Quote: Dogs are great, and puppies even better. I have 2 Golden Retrievers and I might be a little bias but they are the most awesome, loveable and loyal dogs out there!
    I totally agree. We lost our golden, Sophie, on May 30, 2011 - thus the arguement on whether or not to get a puppy. I would love to get another golden, but we are getting older and goldens are big dogs - a little too much for us to handle now.

BTW thanks to everyone for the kind comments!
  • A puppy!! yay! I am a dog person for sure. Nine in the house right now. Congrats!
  • Aww lovely i love my puppy shes 15 months a German shepard x husky they keep you on your toes and make you walk
  • Quote: Dogs are great, and puppies even better. I have 2 Golden Retrievers and I might be a little bias but they are the most awesome, loveable and loyal dogs out there!
    They seriously are. Even though mine is only 4 months old and seems to LOVE to jump on me and nip me (and pretty much ONLY me) and loves to tear my clothes, and sometimes he has me in tears because he frustrates me to no end.... he's so affectionate and adorable and smart.

I just can't wait until he's out of this whole "let's jump on mommy and tear up her clothes" phase.
  • Quote: I just can't wait until he's out of this whole "let's jump on mommy and tear up her clothes" phase.
    hahaha, I just love the way you said that!
  • It's funny because that's exactly what he does! He'll jump on me, grab by shirt, and RRRRIIIPPP! he rarely does it to my husband too! He is getting better though, through lots of training, thank God!