Let's get out of the 160's and 170's!!!

You're on Page 26 of 34
Go to
  • 177 ! thanks to a new scale of mine that I just got a few days ago. I used two 8lb hand weights to sort of calibrate it and it registered the hand weights at 15.9, not 16 so I guess it may be pretty accurate?
  • Hey all! I think it's time for me to come out of hiding. I don't tend to post a whole lot, but I've just been lurking for the last couple of months. Last August I was down to about 154, but over the course of a very stressful school year I managed to pack on 30ish pounds. :-( As soon as school wrapped up for the year I got serious about this weight loss thing and as of yesterday I am back down to 174.2. I'd really like to make it to the healthy range (135ish) by my thirtieth birthday in January.
  • Hi All! This is the first time I have posted in this thread and I am glad I found it! What a great group. I am soooooooo close to the 160's I can almost taste it for breakfast. I am currently trying to take off the weight (and then some) that I put on when I moved up here to Oregon.
  • I WAS making good progress in the direction of the 160s, but the weather's trying its damnedest to sabotage me. Between the ridiculous humidity making me hold water and the thunderstorms interfering with my bike rides, it's like someone sitting in the sky WANTS me to be fat... Just had dinner and my 10th glass of water for the day...time for some 30 Day Shred and a 10 km bike ride or so if the weather holds out for me. I need a good number tomorrow...two challenge weigh-ins
  • FINALLY!!!! After 8 months struggling to get out of the low 170s, I DID IT!!! 169 today WOOT!!! 39 lbs to go and i will hit goal Last time I weighed this was in high school, 7 yrs ago!
  • Still hovering around 160 today. I havent been exercising though. And sweat is crucial to me seeing losses on the scale.
  • *Makes grabby hands at the 160s* Sooo close...half a pound and I'll be under 170
  • 160.5. Getting so frustrated because I am doing everything right! Maybe Ive been eating too little lately and my body is shocked. IDK. I skipped dinner last night bc I had a late workout and just wasnt hungry. Ended up around 400 cals net which I know isnt good and I am feeling it today in my energy level. Hopefully my body is just preparing for a whoosh
  • Weighed in at 177 this morning. I had WAY more carbs than I should have last week, and I think my body is finally letting go of all the water. I didn't even really enjoy my carb overload, either. Felt sick for days! So maybe I won't do it again, lol *fingers crossed*
  • I weighted in at 175.9 today...I just started yesterday doing 45 min of aerobics and 30 min of cardio (walking). Let's see if by next week I am a good 174/175!!!
  • 159.5! Down a full pound! So saying goodbye ladies. Hopefully this sticks! Good luck to you all!
  • 175.3! So surprised (I actually spent 5 minutes playing with the scale to see if it would give me a different reading like the other dumb scale but nope! Firmly 175.3) I'm totally motivated to stay on track the whole weekend to keep that 175!!!! I have not been here since 2003.
  • Back up to 174.4 this morning. I'm frustrated, but I forgot to each lunch yesterday and ended up eating most of my calories for the day at dinner time. Hopefully tomorrow the number will be a bit lower.
  • Jealous to see you go, skinnyelle! Congrats As for me, I'm currently avoiding the scale and doing tons of exercise videos because I fell waaaay off the wagon yesterday. I topped out at about 2000 calories (up from my normal 1200) because it was the end of semester party with one of my elementary schools and people kept putting food on my plate and refilling my glass despite my protests...I'm still a bit of a novelty to them, so they were just trying to be friendly, but my diet was crying all night It was worth the few days of knuckling down I'll need to do to make up ground though...so much fun.
  • I have been at 178/179 forever., at least 5 weeks? I need to double check when I got back on the wagon. I started cycling over the weekend so I pray that helps get me unstuck!