IP Daily Chat Wednesday 1/25/12

You're on Page 6 of 16
Go to
  • Quote: We had our second official weigh in on Monday, as a couple we lost 9.4 for the week for a total of 28.6 pounds and that's for only two weeks. Does this work or what.

Thanks to all all of you for your inspiration.
    Congrats to you both way to go!
  • Quote: We had our second official weigh in on Monday, as a couple we lost 9.4 for the week for a total of 28.6 pounds and that's for only two weeks. Does this work or what.

Thanks to all all of you for your inspiration.
    Congrats! Keep up the good work!
  • Quote: Lorilou - I notice in your signature about the water retention, what did you do to drop the water weight? My initial weigh in + last weeks weigh in my coach said I had quite a lot of water still. I have my second weigh in tomorrow and look forward to seeing if it has gone down. I am thinking not as I only show about 2 lbs less on the scale and for my second week I thought my weight loss would be a bit higher.
    Hi Renewing Myself - I love your site name. Isn't that exactly what we are all doing on this program!

I have a long running problem with water retension (on meds for it) so what I had to do to lose the water may not apply to you. I retain more water than the average person. If I drink too much water or have too much sodium in my diet I swell up. My hands, ankles, feet and even toes will swell up, and if it gets too bad, it goes up my calves. When I started IP I increased my water intake and used the sea salt as directed. I started running into problems so my coach, doctor and I decided I should limit my water to 8 - 9 cups a day and not use the sea salt. Within 2 days all of water was gone. If you have the same problem you may want to decrease your water and salt. But be careful as you may become light headed because you are not getting enough electrolyes. I don't have this problem though because of my body chemistry. Talk to your coach to find the best solution for you. Good luck!
  • [QUOTE=DanafromAustin;4187990]I'll let you know how my non Mio week goes. I did peek at the scale today after my very clean way of eating yesterday (got in all of my water with lemon only) and I lost a pound. Now it may be consistence, time will tell this week.

I too decided to start this week out without MIO to see if results changed. Week one down 5 lbs week two down 5 lbs, week three added MIO to water and no loss. I know the third week is supposed to be less, so that was ok. After jumping on the scale yesterday I'm now down 1 lb. Hmmmmm, guess my body isn't liking the MIO as much as I do. Good luck to you!!!
  • Quote: Good morning all! We have a very challenging morning this morning.......we are hoping a judge officially changes my daughter's last name to the last name of my husband, her brothers and mine. The lawyer feels that it will happen, due to the fact her biological father has not been in the picture for 2 1/2 years. Stressful event. I have my food with me, and I have planned for it. I tend to be a stress/emotional eater so I am planning my food for the day and sticking to it. I need some good thoughts this morning.

Hope you all have a successful day!
    I feel for you. I had my daughters last name changed when she was almost 4. We had no problems with it. Her bio father is a turd and was in prison at the time. I think the judge seen what a loving family she now has and was more than happy to do it. Hope it all works out great for you. It sounds like you have a plan in place for your food so that is the biggest hurdle right there. Just take it one minute at a time and remember you are SO worth it
  • I've been busy and haven't gotten on for several days! It is so great to hear all the motivating posts! Thanks everyone for taking time to post your ideas!
  • Quote: Third day OP. I am sick as a dog. Got to stick to the program even though I feel so bad.
    Here's hoping you all have a great day!
    I love your positive attitude! Just keep saying that. Make sure you try and drink all your water and eat what you can. You will be so glad you did your best to stick with it when you are feeling better. Hope you are feeling better soon.

• OK OK OK....DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!!......i may have stayed the same last week but this week I loss 6lbs!!!!!....I am super excited I also loss 5 inches this week. So I am short 2 days to making 9 months on the Ideal Protein Program and have loss 124lbs and 82 inches over all (hips, breast, thorax, waist, arm and thigh). I have gone from a size 36 pants to a loose size 24, Bra a VERY FULL 54DD to a 42C, and shirts from a tight 5x to a 2x almost in an XL. This has been the best 9 months in my life. I have 13lbs left to go to reach my original goal of 250lbs, once I hit that I will continue to my next and final goal of 200lbs!!.....I want to be there by my one year anniversary of being on Ideal Protein.

THIS just goes to show you that IF you stick to it THE POUNDS WILL COME OFF!!!!!...I did NOTHING different from last week, I drank my MIO, used Splenda, did the SAME exact thing as the week before. Your body goes through changes EVERY WEEK...THIS is why you have small or no losses at all!
  • Quote: Good morning everyone! I had a social event last night that I had to attend for work. It was a dinner event at one of the areas best Italian restaurants and I was concerned about going. I had a plan and stuck with it. I ate my OP dinner in the car right before the event so I would be full. I was hoping it would be a buffet so I could sit as far away from it as possible. Well, it was a family style service. There was nothing I could nibble on as it was all stuffed pastas with cream sauces and merlot braised beef. Desert was blueberry cheesecake with homemade wipped cream and apple cobbler with carmel and ice cream. All of this food is being passed back and forth, me even having to pass it to others so it was right under my nose. I had the waiter take all my plates and silverware away so I couldn't taste it even if I wanted to. The interesting this is I really didn't want it. I was suprised how easy it was to just pass on it. I sat there and didn't care what people thought. I assumed they would conclude that I was on a special diet or something and no one said anything to me. I am proud of myself for making it through the event and coming out the other side stonger.

We all can do this if we just stay strong and true to ourselves!

Good luck to everyone today and have a fabulous OP day!
    That is such a great feeling to actually not want to kill for what others are having at these type of functions! I just had one myself a week ago and after watching everyone stuff themselves with all the carb ladden foods and sit there almost falling asleep, I felt so proud of myself!

YOU GO GIRL!!
  • Quote: Hi Renewing Myself - I love your site name. Isn't that exactly what we are all doing on this program!

I have a long running problem with water retension (on meds for it) so what I had to do to lose the water may not apply to you. I retain more water than the average person. If I drink too much water or have too much sodium in my diet I swell up. My hands, ankles, feet and even toes will swell up, and if it gets too bad, it goes up my calves. When I started IP I increased my water intake and used the sea salt as directed. I started running into problems so my coach, doctor and I decided I should limit my water to 8 - 9 cups a day and not use the sea salt. Within 2 days all of water was gone. If you have the same problem you may want to decrease your water and salt. But be careful as you may become light headed because you are not getting enough electrolyes. I don't have this problem though because of my body chemistry. Talk to your coach to find the best solution for you. Good luck!
    Renewing Myself - I also wanted to add that I do not eat most of the soups. I only use the lower sodium ones (broccoli & cheese and tomato basil) maybe once a week and sometimes the veggie chili (lower in sodium than most soups) and if I having a pasta craving I'll have the spaghetti although it is higher but only like once a month or so. Attached is the nutritional information fact sheet someone else shared. This may help you choose lower sodium options.

• Quote: That is such a great feeling to actually not want to kill for what others are having at these type of functions! I just had one myself a week ago and after watching everyone stuff themselves with all the carb ladden foods and sit there almost falling asleep, I felt so proud of myself!

YOU GO GIRL!!
    Thank you nikkib! Congrats on not giving in and and staying OP It was funny, as I watched these people put all that fat and carb filled food in their mouths I thought "how can you eat that".
  • Quote:
    OK OK OK....DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!!......i may have stayed the same last week but this week I loss 6lbs!!!!!....I am super excited I also loss 5 inches this week. So I am short 2 days to making 9 months on the Ideal Protein Program and have loss 124lbs and 82 inches over all (hips, breast, thorax, waist, arm and thigh). I have gone from a size 36 pants to a loose size 24, Bra a VERY FULL 54DD to a 42C, and shirts from a tight 5x to a 2x almost in an XL. This has been the best 9 months in my life. I have 13lbs left to go to reach my original goal of 250lbs, once I hit that I will continue to my next and final goal of 200lbs!!.....I want to be there by my one year anniversary of being on Ideal Protein.

THIS just goes to show you that IF you stick to it THE POUNDS WILL COME OFF!!!!!...I did NOTHING different from last week, I drank my MIO, used Splenda, did the SAME exact thing as the week before. Your body goes through changes EVERY WEEK...THIS is why you have small or no losses at all!
    Way to go!! You are truly inspiring! Keep up the good work! Thanks for inspiring all of us on a daily basis!!
  • Quote:
    OK OK OK....DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!!......i may have stayed the same last week but this week I loss 6lbs!!!!!....I am super excited I also loss 5 inches this week. So I am short 2 days to making 9 months on the Ideal Protein Program and have loss 124lbs and 82 inches over all (hips, breast, thorax, waist, arm and thigh). I have gone from a size 36 pants to a loose size 24, Bra a VERY FULL 54DD to a 42C, and shirts from a tight 5x to a 2x almost in an XL. This has been the best 9 months in my life. I have 13lbs left to go to reach my original goal of 250lbs, once I hit that I will continue to my next and final goal of 200lbs!!.....I want to be there by my one year anniversary of being on Ideal Protein.

That is amazing!! Great job! You are such a inspiration Wuv. Even my husband who is def NOT on IP has said WOW she looks great!! I always tell him that there are 2 or 3 others that have lost over 100 lb on here and they are PROOF that anyone can do this if you don't give in
  • Three Cheers For One of Our Best Cheerleaders!
    Quote:
  • Quote:

Congrats WUV! I am 100% committed to staying OP until I reach my goal and can't wait to buy new cloths along the way. I am also looking forward to wearing cute high heels although the height on some of them now scare me!