IP Daily Chat Wednesday 1/25/12

You're on Page 3 of 16
Go to
  • Quote: Good Morning IPeeps:

I would like to thank all of you for the congratulations, job well dones and like the new pictures that was given to me yesterday. I was not able to get back on much after I posted yesterday morning due to work load and when I go home my computer had a worm so I was not able to log on then either.

Congratulations to those who had losses yesterday to those who stayed on OP. For those who are a little concerned for "only" losing a small amount....it is going to happen, you are not going to have a big loss every week. You may have small losses for awhile and then one day the WHOOSH Fairy will hit and give you a good loss. And some people lose at a slower rate than others. Do not get discouraged, not matter how small a loss is, it is still a loss and a victory. At least it did not go up. This plan does work as long as you follow it to the T and don't cheat. The foods and drinks are always going to be here. They will never go away and we are always going to be tempted, but as long as your heart and mind are set on losing weight then you can do it. But you have to be honest with yourself. Eating this strict is only temporary, once you meet goal and coninue on to the last phase, you can have your foods and drinks again in moderation. This is not a paln that is saying that this is the way that you have to eat for the rest of your life, not a plan that is saying that you are never ever going to beable to have this or that again. It is a plan that is saying that you are teaching yourself how to eat properly and better and learn to eat in moderation. I have had friends try to tempt me into eating this or that, because a little will not hurt anything, but it will. Just thinking about having to go thru the first 3 days again....NO THANK YOU. It will be there when I am finished and I will join you then

Sorry about the rambling....I'll stop now.

Good Luck with those who have weigh in's today. Have a great day everyone.
    My doctor/coach told me to absolutely expect weeks with just one pound losses. She said you can do the same exact thing week after week and the losses will vary - it's just the way our bodies work. We need to keep our eye on the big picture!

Quote: I found popcorn seasoning at the grocery store yesterday...next to the popcorn. It is 2/0/0 and they have multiple flavors. I used the parmesian garlic on my crab stuffed mushrooms...mmmmm. delish! I also purchased the Ranch and white cheddar seasoning. They had a couple of others too, but I stuck with what I knew I would like and likely use.

I'm having a much better day today than I was yesterday. Thank goodness! Since I'm a compulsive weigher, I also know I lost alot of water weight from my TOM yesterday....3lbs to be exact. Weighed myself in the AM, then the PM and a 3lb difference. Usually it's reversed! I hope it stays off until TOM is done!

Good luck with all the WIs today! Have a great OP day!
    Can you tell me how you made the crab stuffed mushrooms? They sound so yummy!

Quote: Good morning all! We have a very challenging morning this morning.......we are hoping a judge officially changes my daughter's last name to the last name of my husband, her brothers and mine. The lawyer feels that it will happen, due to the fact her biological father has not been in the picture for 2 1/2 years. Stressful event. I have my food with me, and I have planned for it. I tend to be a stress/emotional eater so I am planning my food for the day and sticking to it. I need some good thoughts this morning.

Hope you all have a successful day!
    Good thought being sent your way! You have a plan so I'm sure you'll do fine!

Quote: Third day OP. I am sick as a dog. Got to stick to the program even though I feel so bad.
    Here's hoping you all have a great day!
    Me too - this headcold is awful. Stay OP, drink lots of water, and rest as much as you can.

Quote: Good morning everyone! I had a social event last night that I had to attend for work. It was a dinner event at one of the areas best Italian restaurants and I was concerned about going. I had a plan and stuck with it. I ate my OP dinner in the car right before the event so I would be full. I was hoping it would be a buffet so I could sit as far away from it as possible. Well, it was a family style service. There was nothing I could nibble on as it was all stuffed pastas with cream sauces and merlot braised beef. Desert was blueberry cheesecake with homemade wipped cream and apple cobbler with carmel and ice cream. All of this food is being passed back and forth, me even having to pass it to others so it was right under my nose. I had the waiter take all my plates and silverware away so I couldn't taste it even if I wanted to. The interesting this is I really didn't want it. I was suprised how easy it was to just pass on it. I sat there and didn't care what people thought. I assumed they would conclude that I was on a special diet or something and no one said anything to me. I am proud of myself for making it through the event and coming out the other side stonger.

We all can do this if we just stay strong and true to ourselves!

Good luck to everyone today and have a fabulous OP day!
    Good job! Having the waiter take your plate was a great idea. I love how you said nobody even said anything to you. So many people worry about the social pressures to eat/drink at events, but in reality nobody cares.
  • New to forum
    Hi, I am new to the site and this forum. Started IP on Jan 6 2012 and lost 12 lbs is 3 weeks.
    W#1: -6; W#2: -4; W#3: -2
    A bit diapppointed with only 2 lbs lost. I have 17 more to go!! I am motivated and want to stick to this diet. Just a bit worried if I will reach my goal.
  • Quote: ReadytobeHealthy
    QuoteI start IP officially tomorrow!!! I am super excited and really really ready for this change. I have a ton of support and the place I get my food sells by the package. They tell you to do a boot camp your first few weeks and stick to Soups, Drinks and Puddings to take the most advantage. I have to do the Alternative plan because of my diabetes! I hope this goes as well as I hope. I will be checking in often and posting more I am sure!

Above is a quote from yesterdays chat, last page. I have a question regarding this if anyone can help me with this.
    I was under the impression that the alternative plan for diabetes had been stopped per looking at information on this site. There were more things that you could have but for some reason they decided not to allow it any longer. I am not talking about the alternatives that some use instead of the IP brands because clearly ReadytobeHealthy is buying IP (her place sells by the package).
    So, is this plan still used? I am wondering because my husband began a week after I did and he has Type 2 diabetes and has had a terrible time with his BS going so low that the coach said to do whatever it takes to keep from that. I think she was a little stymied by it going so low all the time. 46 at times! He has tried an extra bar among other things. He has all but gone off of IP packets for now but still eats what I eat but supplements with other healthy things for himself. ( I am the one who really needs to lose weight). He has a doctor appt. coming up to discuss with him about the diet and meds and will go from there. I have just heard so many saying they have gotten off of meds and was hopeful of some of that for him as well. Coach didn't mention the alternative but was going to talk to someone higher up but it didn't get that far when my husband began adding carbs to help his BS. Sorry about the ramble but my original question
    1. Is there an alternative plan for diabetics?
    2. Where do I find it on here?----Well I did but then it was mentioned it isn't used anylonger...
    Thanks for any help.
    Here is the sticky for the alternative phases, it may be a little old

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-phases-4.html
  • Quote: SomedayBubblySomeday - please post the recipe for the sandwich - it looks yummy!
    SOUP SANDWICH
    1 packet broccoli cheddar soup
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    1 egg white
    1/2 - 3/4 oz lunch meat (1-2 slices)
    2 lettuce leaves
    Sprinkle of sea salt, black pepper
    1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard (optional)
    2 oz water (about a shot glass)

Whisk egg white in a bowl. Add baking powder to soup packet and stir. Add packet contents to bowl and mix with rubber spatula. Slowly add water and continue mixing. Spray a waffle iron or sandwich maker generously with olive oil. Add soup batter and cook for 7 minutes in sandwich maker or 4 1/2 minutes in waffle iron. Remove and allow to cool before assembling sandwich. If bread seems soggy, finish it in a toaster oven or regular oven for 1-2 minutes at 350.
  • Lorilou,
    Thanks for the support! I appreciate it greatly. At this point with other diests I would just give in and binge. I am trying so hard not to do this. Drinking my water, looking forward to lunch!
  • 3mama,
    I appreciate your support! Hoping you feel better real soon!
    Btw how do you get all the graphics?
    Mary
  • got it now!
  • Thanks SBS! I'll have to try that.
  • logo
    How do you get the weight loss progress logo? I am new to the site.
  • Quote: For those who are a little concerned for "only" losing a small amount....it is going to happen, you are not going to have a big loss every week. You may have small losses for awhile and then one day the WHOOSH Fairy will hit and give you a good loss. And some people lose at a slower rate than others. Do not get discouraged, not matter how small a loss is, it is still a loss and a victory. At least it did not go up. This plan does work as long as you follow it to the T and don't cheat. The foods and drinks are always going to be here. They will never go away and we are always going to be tempted, but as long as your heart and mind are set on losing weight then you can do it. But you have to be honest with yourself. Eating this strict is only temporary, once you meet goal and coninue on to the last phase, you can have your foods and drinks again in moderation. This is not a paln that is saying that this is the way that you have to eat for the rest of your life, not a plan that is saying that you are never ever going to beable to have this or that again. It is a plan that is saying that you are teaching yourself how to eat properly and better and learn to eat in moderation.
    Well said. I have had big losses and small losses, and I'm fine with that. I never compare myself to anyone else because this is MY journey and MY body. I don't mind the strictness of this diet because it's teaching me how to eat properly. My husband and I are very social people. We eat out a lot, and spend a lot of time with our friends. You can still have a social life and not cheat. When we meet friends at a restaurant, I order OP things, and enjoy the company of friends. Sunday my best friend and I took our kids to a Mexican restaurant, and I had fajitas (no onions). I didn't eat the chips. I didn't eat the queso. I didn't eat anything that wasn't OP. I didn't have a margarita. BUT I had a GREAT time with my friend. I don't need food or drink to make me happy or to make me feel like I'm part of a group. My friends do that. I have not cheated on this diet, nor do I plan on cheating. I want to lose all of this weight and be a healthy person. That's why I started IP because I wanted to be healthy. I was slowly killing myself with my out of control eating, and I refuse to do that anymore.
  • Quote: Third day OP. I am sick as a dog. Got to stick to the program even though I feel so bad.
    Here's hoping you all have a great day!
    Hang in there! It gets better!!! It really does.
  • Quote: I had the waiter take all my plates and silverware away so I couldn't taste it even if I wanted to. The interesting this is I really didn't want it. I was suprised how easy it was to just pass on it. I sat there and didn't care what people thought. I assumed they would conclude that I was on a special diet or something and no one said anything to me. I am proud of myself for making it through the event and coming out the other side stonger.
    Way to go! What a great NSV. I'm the same way. I can be in a restaurant where everyone at my table is eating things I can't, and I don't want it. Keep up the good work!
  • desperatetolosegirl,
    you have to be a member and post for 20 days then, you get one!
  • Quote: How do you get the weight loss progress logo? I am new to the site.
    You need to be a member for 20 days and have at least 20 posts. Once you reach that there will be an "Edit Signature" link under "User IP" (left side of screen in the purple band) that shows up. Mine showed up at 21 days.
  • Thanks sewingmom! Really all the encouragement really helps! I am so thankful to have found all of you!