"portable" unrestricted IP recipes

• Hello all! I am an IP weight loss coach at a clinic in central VA and frequent this forum often for tips and recipes for my dieters

I currently have a dieter who is going to disney world for a week in February and is concerned about how to bring an unrestricted IP food with her to the park. She will bring a bar or something as a snack, but for lunch she doesn't want to carry one of the pre-packaged drinks with her because she dislikes them warm. She would rather not carry her shaker and a powder, either. Do any of you have any recipes for portable unrestricted foods made with the IP packets? Like cookies or muffins? Just something that she can cook before her trip and carry with her in a baggie to the park.

I know the IP waffles could work, but any other recipes could be very helpful. Thanks in advance!!

~Laura
  • Quote: Hello all! I am an IP weight loss coach at a clinic in central VA and frequent this forum often for tips and recipes for my dieters

I currently have a dieter who is going to disney world for a week in February and is concerned about how to bring an unrestricted IP food with her to the park. She will bring a bar or something as a snack, but for lunch she doesn't want to carry one of the pre-packaged drinks with her because she dislikes them warm. She would rather not carry her shaker and a powder, either. Do any of you have any recipes for portable unrestricted foods made with the IP packets? Like cookies or muffins? Just something that she can cook before her trip and carry with her in a baggie to the park.

I know the IP waffles could work, but any other recipes could be very helpful. Thanks in advance!!

~Laura

There are alot of good receipes in here:
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...x-finland.html
  • I made the pudding muffins last night and brought them to work for breakfast. They are very portable!
  • Quote: I made the pudding muffins last night and brought them to work for breakfast. They are very portable!
    Do you use IP or alternatives? I was just wondering how the alternative muffins held up against the IP ones?
  • I used ip pudding. I just can't get over how good they turn out!!
  • One option would be to simply bring packets, purchase a water bottle, drink some of the water, pour the packet in and shake. I travel a lot and it has worked in a pinch. Yogurt or any of the drinks are good for this -- and they water will be cold.

Unless she's staying in a condo with a kitchen, she could have a hard time baking muffins and then bringing them. I'm not sure if they're going to hold up over multiple days if she makes them in advance.
  • Here are a few that I have tried and they traveled well....

BANANA "BREAD" (IP Banana Pudding) / LEMON POPPYSEED MUFFINS (IP Lemon Pudding) : Stretch your pudding and create a tasty snack that makes 9 medium or 6 large portions... All for you and all together count as only 1 non-restricted item!

Ingredients:
    2 beaten egg whites
    1 Package IP Banana Pudding
    1 cup or more shredded zucchini
    1 tsp baking powder
    1 small package Truvia, Splenda or other sweetener (about 1 tsp)
    1 tsp or more cinnamon
    1/2 tsp or more cardamom
    1/4 teaspoon allspice
    1/4 - 1 tsp nutmeg
    Optional: 1 tsp Rum extract and/or vanilla extract

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 180 C (bout 350 F)
    1. Grate zucchini (I use 1/2 a large zucchini for about 1-1.5 cups). Use a paper towel to soak up the moisture/water from the zucchini.
    2. Dust the shredded zucchini with the various spices (cinnamon, cardamom, allspice, nutmeg) and let sit for about 2 minutes.
    3. While waiting, beat egg whites with a pinch of salt until they hold a shape.
    4. Add in IP Banana pudding, baking powder, and sweetener. Blend.
    5. Add in zucchini and rum/vanilla extract if using and blend.
    6. Spray a muffin tin with Pam or other non-stick spray.
    7. Pour batter into muffin tins. I made 9 med size filling each 1/2 way up. It will also make 6 large if you want.
    8. Cook for about 10-15 minutes until top turns dark, but not burned. (Watch carefully).

NOTE: This "bread" will puff up gorgeously when baking, but will often deflate after taking from the oven. You can try cooking a bit longer or just enjoy the funny looking, but tasty treats as they fall.

Pudding cakes
    1 pkg of IP Pudding
    1/2 tsp vanilla
    2 egg whites
    2 oz water
    spices of choice for flavor
    Directions:
    Mix together egg whites, vanilla & water using emersion blender until egg whites are frothy.
    Pour out into bowl and sprinkle on spices of choice (Cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves etc) and add 1/3 of pudding package at a time.
    Fold pudding into frothed egg whites.
    Pour into greased ramikin/muffin tray
    Bake at 350 for 15-19 minutes until cooked through
    **The cakes will get VERY large while baking, and will deflate when cooling. If you put too much batter into a small baking dish, your cakes will literally explode in the oven. It is VERY important to only fill the baking dish or muffin tin 1/2 way. Which is why you will get 2 small cakes or 3 muffins.

Chocolate Cookies
    I'm going through the original IP posts to find recipes that weren't posted on recipes as this is where I look for them.

Ingredients:
    2 oz water
    1 packet sweetener
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    2 packages IP Chocolate Pancake Mix
    1 Egg white

Preheat oven to 350
    In a med bowl mix the water, egg white, sweetener, and vanilla. Add 2 packages Chocolate Pancake Mix and stir until well mixed.
    Drop by rounded spoonful onto a cookie sheet. Makes 6 cookies (3 cookies per serving).

Bake about 15 minutes.

Breadless French Toast-(Phases 1-4)

3/4 cup egg whites
    3 packets Splenda
    1 Tablespoon cinnamon
    1/4 cup fat free light vanilla soy milk
    Walden Farms pancake syrup
    Beat all ingredients in a bowl with a fork. Cook mixture on frying pan coated with Pam, in a circular shape (for mini silver dollar like French toast.) Cook evenly on both sides, and then top with Walden Farms Syrup.
  • Laura - Could you PM me with your contact information? I am going to be relocating to your area soon and would be interested in finding a new clinic to attend. Thank you.
  • Thanks for the replies, everyone! I think I will print some of these out and give them to her. If anyone has anymore suggestions, please keep 'em coming!
  • Quote: Do you use IP or alternatives? I was just wondering how the alternative muffins held up against the IP ones?
    I have used both IP and protidiet puddings for the muffins. The alternatives don't work as well but are OK. I found I had to cook them a lot longer than with the IP puddings and even then still a bit soggy.
    So I got a waffle iron and make waffles instead.
  • Quote: Laura - Could you PM me with your contact information? I am going to be relocating to your area soon and would be interested in finding a new clinic to attend. Thank you.
    Unfortunately I cannot PM you yet because I am a new member of the forum. However, you can visit our facebook for more info! What area are you moving to?
    http://www.facebook.com/idealproteinbc/
  • Quote: Unfortunately I cannot PM you yet because I am a new member of the forum. However, you can visit our facebook for more info! What area are you moving to?
    http://www.facebook.com/idealproteinbc/
    Thank you so much for the link! I'll shoot you an E-Mail!
  • Quote: Do you use IP or alternatives? I was just wondering how the alternative muffins held up against the IP ones?
    I use alternative ProtiDiet products this time around, and I have found all the recipes cook up the same way as the IP products. Except recipes like the banana muffins - I don't have an alternative product to use and quite frankly it hasn't appealed to me. But everything else I've tried (waffles, muffins, special drinks - ie pumpkin pie shake), are the same as IP.
  • These sound really good! I am going to try them! i really dont like any of the puddings so anything to give me some variety helps since I find myself always eating the same thing and it gets really boring and hard to stick with!
  • Quote: One option would be to simply bring packets, purchase a water bottle, drink some of the water, pour the packet in and shake. I travel a lot and it has worked in a pinch. Yogurt or any of the drinks are good for this -- and they water will be cold.
    I do the same thing every day. 1 packet in 8 to 10 ounces of water, shake it up, tap the bottom of the bottle on a solid surface a couple of times (in case some of the powder gets stuck in the neck or top of the bottle), and you're good. I have never had a problem with clumping or not mixing well. Good luck.