How much exercise is everyone doing a day?

You're on Page 5 of 5
Go to
  • It was so interesting to read everyone's replies.

I work out about 45 mins. - 1 hour 6 days per week. I do Walk Away The Pound Videos, powerwalking, Pilates and strength-train and I have decent eating habits.

For me, I need to sweat to see results. I don't do any killer workouts where I'm begging for mercy (lol) but for fat loss I need to get my heart rate up either sustain it or do intervals. I don't weigh myself often, but inches are melting off of me.
  • I am currently on my second round of P90X. Doing Back and Biceps today
  • Disabled But Trying
    Quote: How much weight are you losing by exercising?
    I am disabled but do try to do some type of exercise throughout the week. I am not sure how much I loose by exercise but I have decided to start a daily exercise tracker so I can keep track of the minutes on the peddler, walking, core strengthening exercise, etc.
  • Did a round of intervals, 15 min of spinning intervals, & weight training.
    Quote: I am currently on my second round of P90X. Doing Back and Biceps today
    When you started, what version did you do?
  • I do a 2 to 4 mile walking exercise I found on youtube.
  • Since I've only been at this journey for 6 weeks, I'm still building up my exercise. I'm walking any where from 20-45 mins. a day, depending upon my work schedule. It's my goal to add more with each week.

I just got my Wii Fit today, something I had ordered for my birthday. So I'm going to start using this when I don't have time before/after work for a walk or if the weather is really ugly. I not only have the Wii Fit, but I found "Walk It Out" as well. My hubby is interested, which I find awesome because he needs to keep active to help keep his diabetes in check.

I'm hoping by March to be putting in my usual 4-5 miles/day. I want to be that healthy again!!!
  • I run 4-5 days a week for about 30 minutes.

As long as I get that fix I am good and sane.
  • I love the gym and burn through 500 calories each time I go with personal trainer (awesome), spin class (killer), ellipticals, tread, or stair climbers, etc. I recently purchased a Polar heart rate monitor, which keeps the count true. I also wear a walkfit vest that adds 8 lbs. My plan is to add running to the mix. I'm inspired by those who can run long distances and aspire to run a 5k for charity and perhaps one day a marathon.

Smile
  • When losing weight, I was doing 30-40 minutes walks twice a week. Now I'm more fitness-aware and have more energy, so 5-10k runs 3-4 times a week are a norm.
  • I'm trying to walk at least 30min 6 times a day - that's pushing a pram with a baby & 3 year old in it.
    I'm hoping to get to the stage where I can run/walk at intervals.
    I walk at a pace where I can talk but I'm puffing.
  • HIIT cardio and lifting 5-6 days a week. Sometimes I'll do a long (6-7 mile) run on weekend days.