Regainers Relosing. Get it off AGAIN!

You're on Page 4 of 37
Go to
  • Quote: That's what happened to me when I regained all this weight. I hit a hardcore plateau and no matter what I did, I just could not get my weight lower than 150.

Now I'm mostly mad at myself because even though I wasn't at my goal weight, I was so fit and strong, and I felt fantastic. Giving up just because I wasn't magically 120 pounds was stupid and immature and I hope a mistake I won't make twice. I felt like a failure for not reaching an arbitrary number on the scale, and that's a shame.

sure, but this time I'm trying to focus on feeling better, because I know looking better goes along with it.
    I am AGGRESSIVELY trying to incorporate multiple things to break it. I thought I was making headway by doing a Spike Day and calorie cycling throughout the week, but then, I had to have a rest week b/c of a previous back injury. It seems like I find it, then something deters it!!

I promise, the 1st 2 times I lost these 20 lbs, I didn't have ALL of the tools I have now AND it was not nearly this hard. I didn't obsessively "count" everything AND I didn't wear a monitor to tell me how many cals I was burning. I also didn't journal food like I am now

I kinda stopped trying to get to goal (140) and just work on changing the way the fat looked, which is why I started BodyRock.tv in November. If I can't lose, I'll make it look nice
  • A bad day, in general but an okay day for food. My hubby made this incredible asparagus with garlic and pepper for dinner. YUM.

Am depressed about some issues going on in my life and am actively thinking about strategies besides eating that will cheer me up.
  • KRYSTAL ~ that's a good strategy; focus on toning up and the other may just happen during the process. I am focusing on other NSV's too; that helped me get over many plateaus & stalls. I had long periods (months) where I didn't lose any weight, so I looked for other victories: inches, sizes, toning exercises, exercise minutes, good meals, good days, good snacks, recovery days, maintenance days, etc.

UBERGIRL ~ yes, deal with those stresses; get creative and find ways to get around them, get rid of them, get through them ... whatever you need to do, so that you don't eat becuz of them. There's an answer for everything. Nice of your DH to help with dinner; lucky girl.
  • Mon Jan 23
    B= 2 c milk, vits
    L= leftover steak in a sandwich with spicy ranch dressing
    S=1/2 apple
    D= Baked potato smothered in 1/2 can turkey chili, added cheese
    S= fudgepop
    S= 1/2 apple + 1TB PB
    E= 32min cardio/weights circuit + 50min stretch fusion {CS} workouts

After being sick for most of January I'm trying to get back into my regular exercise routine. I always workout to DVDs, but since some are obscure I list times not titles. One recent find is Classical Stretch, which I love, but feel is mis-named. This is a mix of bodyweight strength training + flexibility training that is reminicent of yoga. My 32min of circuit was supposed to be 45min so I conked out early, but did the stretch workouts later in the day.

Today was pretty much a regular Monday except I didn't bake bread today, because we have a stockpile in the freezer.

Right = didn't eat as much as I have in days past, exercised

Regret = actually had a pretty good day today.
  • ooh can i join this group? i think i gained back 20+ of the 53ish pounds i'd lost...

before october (and starting with my birthday, a downward spiral of holiday binging which caused my weight to go up!) i'd gone from 300lbs down to between 246 and 247. this morning my scale said 270! i could kick myself.

it started with a splurgey birthday dinner and cake (in early october) then moved to halloween festivities, traveling, thanksgiving, a death in the family, even more traveling, christmas parties/festivities, more traveling, new years, a wedding, and MORE traveling... it was kinda difficult to keep myself in check! there was so much going on (for 3 weeks i ate dinner in a different place almost every night - and none of them mine), i just couldn't focus on losing or maintaining my weight. i had gotten down to a (tight) size 18 from a (loose) size 24, and now i'm sitting in my 20s again and my 18s seem to be a pipe dream.

here's to becoming a loser again!
  • Welcome Mandy! Regaining is so disheartening, but at least we all know what to do to get things going back in the right direction again.

I had a moment last night when I was at the grocery store after work (starving, of course) when I nearly gave in and bought a frozen pizza for dinner. I don't even really like pizza, so I have no idea why it's one of my go-to binge foods. Thankfully I caught myself and got out of there with my cart full of chicken and fresh vegetables.

I went home and made an Egg Beater scramble with spinach, bell peppers and onions and it was a lot better than pizza. I did have a glass of wine, but it was my first alcohol in over a week, and after Wednesday I will be giving it up for at least 30 days, so I don't feel that bad about it.

This morning I got up and rode the spin bike for 30 minutes, and I'll do strength training (P90X) with my sister after work. I'm still only two pounds down, but I'm not going to let slow loss derail me. TOM is lurking, I think, so that might be exacerbating the situation with the scale.

Have a great day, everyone! We can do this.
  • I weighed this morning, and considering what I ate over TOM, I'm happy to say I didn't gain anything.

Today I get to clean house, I'm so excited, don't I sound excited???

Mandy, welcome, glad to have you join us.
  • RANT~

I guess what drives me crazy is that I feel like I"m doing everything right. I exercise 4-5 days a week, I haven't had sweet tea or cokes in years, I don't sit around eating chips, choc, or anything like I used to, I try not to emotionally eat or eat mindlessly, I feel like I should have lost this weight already. I've made all these lifestyle changes, had all the right medical tests, but I still can't seem to lose weight and its very frusterating! What is going on? I weigh exactly what I did last year at this time!!!! I've gone up and down a bit but here I am again...
  • They started a Biggest Loser at my school. Besides having to weigh in with the nurse every week (urgh! And clearly I hafta be wearing clothes for this nonsense!) I'm actually really excited, which is a first for this journey.

I'm (secretly) really hoping to win. I'm the youngest on staff who is participating. Hopefully this is the motivation I need to start getting some exercise into my life again.
  • good luck to you ducky!! be sure to let us know how it's going... and make sure to post your successes AND your not-so-much successes so we can cheer you on and keep you motivated

penguin, i hope you can find your groove soon! plateaus are the worst. mine lasted 3 months, and then i GAINED. good for you for keeping at it even though it doesn't seem to be working.

caroline - i totally understand the frozen pizza thing. whenever i'm having a lot of stress issues, i crave cheese! i want it on everything. angry or sad, i want sweets. but stress makes me want cheese. good for you for skipping the sodium/calorie fest and eating something healthier!
  • Quote: RANT~

I guess what drives me crazy is that I feel like I"m doing everything right. I exercise 4-5 days a week, I haven't had sweet tea or cokes in years, I don't sit around eating chips, choc, or anything like I used to, I try not to emotionally eat or eat mindlessly, I feel like I should have lost this weight already. I've made all these lifestyle changes, had all the right medical tests, but I still can't seem to lose weight and its very frusterating! What is going on? I weigh exactly what I did last year at this time!!!! I've gone up and down a bit but here I am again...
    I feel your pain. I wish I had some suggestions for you, but I haven't figured it out yet either. It's definitely harder for some people than others, and that's just our bad luck, it seems. I'm cutting out grains in the hope that maybe that's causing my problems, but I'm trying not to count on it. I feel like I've tried everything and the weight just won't budge, though I know I've done it before, so I should be able to do it again.

Gaining it back is even worse, though, as you know, so hang in there.
  • Tues, Jan 24
    B= 2 c milk, vits
    L= 2 c salad greens, extra carrots, drizzle dressing, leftover chicken pasta
    S= few spoonfuls choc ice cream, 1/2 apple
    S= 1/2 c dry cereal
    D= homemade chicken and veggie stirfry with brown rice
    S= 2 pumpkin/chocolate muffins
    E= 45min cardio + 25min stretch fusion

Right = has a few spoonfuls of ice cream but wasn't enjoying it so I threw the rest out and had an apple instead {was that really me?}, exercised

Regret= I made the muffins but was only supposed to have ONE!

I agreed to give a devotional Thursday morning in front of 300+ people. Public speaking is not my thing; I am naturally shy, and I spent 8 years of my childhood in speech therapy for stuttering. {yay for forums!} I gave the devotional in front of a smaller group of women, then was asked to give it again. Naturally, I was flattered and agreed, but the closer the date gets the harder I have to work to not be nervous!

Ducky, I hope you win your BL contest.

Thistoo, thanks for the pep talk. With so many people on the forum losing {and in some cases doing a lot less work than I am}, its nice knowing that I"m not the only one.
  • Quote: With so many people on the forum losing {and in some cases doing a lot less work than I am}, its nice knowing that I"m not the only one.
    I have been there so many times, I promise. I've been there with the muffins too, which is why I can't have any of that stuff in my house anymore. I can't even keep *flour* in my house or I will make something with it and sabotage myself. Still, one extra muffin is not ALL the muffins. You're doing great!
  • Good morning relosers! I am happy to say I am officially down one more pound since I started my relosing journey of 230 down to 205. (I restarted last November) I am so grateful for the willingness to keep trying.

I am really aiming to change my 'mind set' about living with food and finding food sanity. It can't just be about the scale for me anymore. (mind you.. I think the scale is important!) But, I really want to work on addressing things that cause me to go off my plan... dealing with stress, emotions, fatigue, cravings, false hunger (wanting to eat more - even though I've just had a meal, etc) and things like that. It's always a journey for sure.

You are doing GREAT!! Carry on, relosers!
  • Quote: I have been there so many times, I promise. I've been there with the muffins too, which is why I can't have any of that stuff in my house anymore. I can't even keep *flour* in my house or I will make something with it and sabotage myself. Still, one extra muffin is not ALL the muffins. You're doing great!
    I agree, thistoo!!! I think there needs to be a 'safe haven' from all the food temptations of our world. For me, it's home. It should be the place that isn't so 'hard' - facing many temptations. Dh knows he has to keep certain things out of the house. Of course, he doesn't always adhere to that - but, sometimes I just say: "It would be so helpful to me if you didn't bring M&M's home from the store." This helps...at least for a while.