Regainers Relosing. Get it off AGAIN!

You're on Page 26 of 37
Go to
  • MANDY ~ well, I think that's an awesome accomplishment for a month -- wow, 3 inches off your tummy! Hey, those are great NSV's too!

to our NEWBIES here -- glad you all joined us over here. We do indeed know how you feel; been there, done that ... Forget about the past; forgive yourself, and continue on. No matter what, we'll cheer you on ...

Quote:
    ... that someone lost weight by simply calculating how many calories they needed to eat to maintain their goal weight. Then they just ate that amount until they reached their goal weight. Then of course, they just continued to do that for maintenance.
    YES, this a very good strategy. I have written on this site before that many years ago, I read an article by an emminent food/biology scientist/prof at the University of New York -- he stated this same very idea. That one could simply lose weight using their "goal weight" calorie allotment, and then use that to maintain as well. I just mentioned this in a thread in the Maintenance Library recently; and a friend here, BARGOO, used that same method to lose and maintain as well ...

Quote:
    Good gravy, I sound like a motivational speaker lately ...
    HEY CAROLINE, what's wrong with that? We surely don't mind at all!

Quote:
    My mom got me watching Dr Oz for a few weeks, one thing he said was to have a 'cheat' day ...
    PATCH, many people on this site use that strategy with great success. MARCH ON, girl ... MARCH ON ...

BEVERLYJOY ~ that's so fab; see -- you didn't gain at all! I was a little concerned about you carrying that gazelle upstairs though. Too bad you couldn't keep it in your room all the time. Have a good trip this weekend ...

February was a good eating month for me; very pleased with the improvements i have made in that month. I've lost a couple of more inches off my tummy; and trust me, that's a huge NSV for me. Found fruit is helping me overcome the 11 am and 5 pm hunger pangs. I ate grapes today; gee, grapes are quite filling and so sweet, they taste like candy to me ...
  • guys GUYS!!! i want this. i want it a lot.

http://s2h.com/replay

also, there is a pedometer that gives you points for every 10k steps. the more you walk, the more points you get... the more STUFF you can earn. exercise for stuff. I LIKE IT.
  • ASTROPHE posted this in the WLS forum today; and I thought it was so appropriate for this thread ...

A Cherokee Legend ...

An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life. "A fight is going on inside me," he said to the boy. "It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves.

One is evil - he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego."

He continued, "The other is good - he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you - and inside every other person, too."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, "Which wolf will win?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."
  • Morning ladies. Lots of reasons to celebrate over here, I'm reading! Congrats to all of the pounds/ounces (even 2) and inches! I love that Cherokee quote. I've read it before and I try to always stay positive.

Finished day 5 yesterday of fat flush. Settling in nicely. Hunger is gone. Cravings are gone. Energy is up! As of yesterday (after only 4 days) I've lost 3 lbs. I was hoping for 7 this first week (first time doing this I lost 12 subsequent times was 7) but it's early yet. Still waiting for my supplements. That might help. Feeling good though. I've commited to this for 30 days. After 30, I will evaluate my progrees compared to effort, look at my feelings of deprivation (if any) and see if I continue on Fat flush or move to WW. I may choose to take a "free meal" out with my husband and stay on Fat flush. We'll see. Work today...2 clients so got to get on it! Have a great day all!
  • Morning ladies! I think I left my motivational speaker hat under my pillow, so it's safe to come in. It's too early in the morning for me to be all Up With People.

I'm up a full pound this morning, which is, of course, the hazard of daily weighing. I haven't really had a big bounce in awhile, though, so I was probably due. We'll see what next week's 'official' weigh-in (on Wednesday) brings. I know I won't be in onederland, but I'd like to be hovering on the edge. It's probably going to be a low weight loss week, though, at least judging from my pattern over the last seven weeks, so I'm prepared to wait longer. I'll hit it the week after for sure.

So maybe I do have a little motivation in me this morning after all! I hope everyone has a great Friday. I will start my day with a staff meeting (boo) and I picked up a shift for a sick coworker tomorrow, which means a one day weekend for me. At least it'll keep me out of trouble over the weekend.
  • Hi all. Thanks for the welcoming messages. I'm getting on my feet again, so that's helping. I need to do some planning this weekend so that groceries make sense for what I'm trying to do. I was going to weigh myself today, but I think I'll go back to weighing on Mondays. It will give me a starting point. Then, back to spin class and body pump at the gym. No excuses.

Caroline, I remember you too, by the way. I kind of like your motivational speaker role! Ha!

Have a good weekend everyone!
  • Quote: ASTROPHE posted this in the WLS forum today; and I thought it was so appropriate for this thread ...

A Cherokee Legend ...

An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life. "A fight is going on inside me," he said to the boy. "It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves.

One is evil - he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego."

He continued, "The other is good - he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you - and inside every other person, too."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, "Which wolf will win?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."
    Beautiful!

I am still 298.6 this am, but I am fine with that. I have lost nearly 3lbs this week and tomorrow is my official weigh in.
  • Hubby stayed up til Mid last night watching Top Gear, then April <-- woke us up an hour later trotting around the house and barking {her signal that something is wrong} so we investigated that, but while we had investigated she went back to bed so it was probably just a squirrel on the roof! I tend to sleep late on Fridays but my parents called to ask if they could come by and give me money/coupon to buy myself a Bday present? Who would turn them away??? As soon as they left Hubby came home for lunch {a rare occurance}, so here it is 11am and I'm just starting my morning routine.

BTW: my Bday isn't until April. The Bible study Mom and I {CBS} attend announced what we will study next year and said we will change from the NIV to the ESV translation, which I don't have, so my parents offered to buy me one for my Bday. Because of my vision I need a large print which I sometimes have to order. Also, my parents like to plan ahead...something which I didn't inheirit from them.

Cardio for later. I have the windows open again, its nice outside; high of 81* but its overcast, very windy, and is supposed to rain.
  • Hi relosers... Man oh man.... the past two days have been a horrible struggle. I don't know why or what's up. Well, maybe I do. Might be a 'let down' from being so careful. That sometimes happens to me. I am leaving for five days. I am quite nervous as I won't be in my 'food comfort zone.'

If it's going to happen... it must be me making it happen.

I'll have limited access to the computer. I will check in.

Thanks to you all for your support and kindness and wisdom.
  • Quote: while we had investigated she went back to bed so it was probably just a squirrel on the roof!
    Or maybe she just wanted a show of her own before bed? Watching you investigate could be the doggie equivalent of Top Gear. My cats are completely useless as a warning system, but for two ten-pound balls of fur they manage to make quite a racket in the middle of the night, so I feel your pain on the interrupted sleep.

Beverly, have a safe trip! I am already experiencing anxiety over my own family trip this month and having control over food, so I understand. Good luck making the best choices you can. We are veterans at this weight loss thing by now, so I have faith that we can both do it.

Having said that, I am SO HUNGRY today. There are always two dozen donuts at our monthly staff meeting, and while I have not even gone near them, I am really tempted to dive face-first into the box of leftovers. I went out for lunch with friends and had a pineapple burger with no bun and a side of broccoli instead of fries. I probably should have stuck with salad for the bulk, but we're right in the path of that big storm and I just wanted warm food.

The burger was wonderful, but I'm still hungry. I have a feeling it's just going to be one of those tough days. I just want to go home and curl up under the covers. In two and a half more hours I can do exactly that, so until then I will suck it up and get some work done.
  • I lost over 100 lbs a few years ago and began to regain it back when I had to take off work to take care of my husband who had been disabled in an auto accident then began going through my 3rd and later my 4th round with breast cancer. I am finding it VERY hard to get started again. I think because I remember how darn hard it was the first time. I work full time, go to school full time, and just can't seemt ot find the time or energy to get that start and keep it going. any suggestions?
  • SILKYDOVE ~ wow, you and your DH have had a time of it over the last while, for sure; and you are one busy lady. Ummm, I would just make some small changes for now, like cutting out the junk & fat-fried foods; add in 2 veggies or a salad with dinner; or lunch, whichever you can do. Soup is a good quick meal; and don't forget to eat some fruit. You can just eat a basic cereal for brekky (whole grain fiber rich) with lf milk & fruit. Lunch can be a wg sandwich & fruit, or salad or soup; and dinner something fast like grilled lean meat with salad /or veggies and either rice, new tators, beans, or wg bun.

I have fruit with breakfast and for snacks. Sometimes, a glass of milk to fill me up or with a snack. Fruit is handy as are small yogurts and protein bars. Go by portions; that is easier. Do whatever is quick. You could make up one weekly menu and put it on your desktop or fridge. Just keep it simple.

BEVERLYJOY ~ just make the best choices you can; and watch the portions sizes, then you should be OK. Relax, and enjoy yourself too.

CAROLINE ~ yes, keep safe down there; our prayer warriors are sending up ^prayers^ for the southern states (re the tornadoes & twisters).

Have a wonderful weekend everyone ...
  • I did 30min on the dreadmill, then stopped and did 30min with Leslie from 5MFB. I enjoyed the second workout a lot more.

Dove, welcome glad to have you join us!

Caroline, I've never heard of a pineapple burger. Details?

Beverly, hope you have a safe trip.

Rosebud, I'm so glad the weekend is finally here!
  • I am loving how fast this thread moves along and a big welcome to all the newbies!

Justwant2Bhealthy, thank you for the encouragement about eating maintenance calories to reach goal weight. I love that others have tried this and it works!

This week has been yet another blur Nothing new to report. My weigh ins are Mondays and I'm hoping for a good report on the scale. When putting on a pair of pants this morning they felt much looser around the tummy area so here's hoping it shows up on the scales!

Anyone on here over the weekends? That's just about the only time I have to get on here and spend any time.

Check in later
  • Hello all
    I'm in the same boat as all of you. I lost 80 pounds between January and August of 2011. Then various things happened (including my slacking off and not working out and eventually not eating very well....) and I gained back 21 pounds. I got on the scale last weekend after not weighing myself for MONTHS and said h*** no! I worked too dang hard last year for this crap! LOL
    So here I am. I have a good attitude going into this and I am once again committed to getting down to 170 for the first time in almost 20 years.
    I do the elliptical and sometimes swim and walk for exercise. I eat a controlled carb diet given to me by a nutritionist.
    My goal is to lose 8 pounds a month. I was trying for 10 pounds a month before, but it was too stressful for me if I didn't meet that goal.
    Anyway....good luck to everyone! We did this before, we can do it again!