Regainers Relosing. Get it off AGAIN!

You're on Page 18 of 37
Go to
  • BEVERLYJOY ~ good thoughts & ^prayers^ going out for you, for a speedy recovery ...

Quote:
    I gave myself an inch and now I want to take a mile ...
    CHERYL ~ I have to watch that with snacking mostly, esp in the afternoon or evening. Late afternoon gives me the most trouble, just before dinner. Trying .5 apple to see if that helps.

Tuesday: pacific wild salmon (poached) + leftover barley/rice + veggies
    Wed: wg pasta/hamburger skillet with lotsa veggies

Did my stretches, toners, flexers, hand-weights, indoor walking, plus the usual housechores to keep myself moving each day ...
  • Wed Feb 15
    B= 1 coffee, 1 egg/veggie burrito {made with leftover fritatta}
    S= cookie, brownie {now the choc cravings show up}
    L= PBJ
    S= banana
    D= salad, Tomato/Lentil soup with spa squash, 5 bliss, 1 c milk
    S= banana, 1/2 c ice cream, coconut, choc syrup, whip cream
    E= 25min cardio, 15m LB, 25min Classical stretch
  • Just a quick pop in as I have to get my work out in (ditching YogaX today because it's a crazy long workout and I'm short on time and will do CardioX instead), shower, make lunches for the girlie Qs, pick them up and then haul bootay to the store before our friends get here.

I hope everyone had a great day yesterday!! Have a fantastic rest of the week and a great weekend! I'll be MIA but I'll be thinking about you all and cheering you on to make good choices and to not forget your WATER!

Until Monday...be good to yourselves ladies!!!
  • Trying to keep a a good attitude, but I'm not seeing positive movement on the scale and I'm VERY frustrated. I'm hoping a very low point day today will jump start things again.

Wednesday

coffee/lowfat milk
    fruit salad

pita/turkey/lettuce
    16 chips (yup, I counted!)
    berries

baked chicken
    mushroom risotto
    peas

Happy Thursday, everyone... the last work day before FRIDAY!
  • 207.4 this morning, which puts me solidly in 207 territory. I'm enjoying the steady loss while it lasts, because TOM is looming and then the numbers will go up for awhile.

I'm extra hungry this morning but ignoring it since lunch is in an hour. It's rainy and dreary out, which isn't really helping my resolve not to cave and drink the hot chocolate that's in my drawer, but I'm on day 22, so there's no way I'm throwing in the towel now.

Only eight more days after today, and I keep telling myself on day 31 I can have whatever I want, no matter how sick it will probably make me, just for that one day before I get right back on plan. In all likelihood I will end up having cream in my coffee and then a glass of Malbec and some high quality dark chocolate and that's it, but I'll be sure to report here whatever I do.
  • rainy and icky here too. i've got chicken boobs in the crock pot with a teensy bit of water, butter, and seasonings, but not sure what else to throw in there yet. thoughts?
  • Quote: i've got chicken boobs in the crock pot with a teensy bit of water, butter, and seasonings, but not sure what else to throw in there yet. thoughts?
    Those are bird boobs in my house! How about some mushrooms, artichoke hearts (NOT the marinated ones) and a splash of white wine? Serve with the tiniest sprinkle of grated parm? Mmmmmmmmmmmm
  • hubby and i were both thinking something a little bit spicy. so we've decided to go with this recipe i found on TOH (my favorite recipe site) and i hope it will help to alleviate my "i need gen tso's chicken NOW" feeling.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/C...malade-Chicken

it's not super duper low cal, but it will fit into my plan, it's a little sweet and a little spicy and if i don't put a bunch of the sauce on my meat, it should eliminate some of the calories. i hope it's good. i'll probably serve it up with whole grain brown rice and a salad.

but the suggestion of white wine/artichoke/mushrooms sounds like something my hubby would love... i am not a fan of mushrooms. when i was younger somebody said "it's like eating snot!" and i've forever associated that with mushrooms and can't eat them. :P
  • MANDY ~ you definitely should throw in some veggies with that chicken; I like mushrooms too but you could add shredded carrots, onions, celery chunks, green beans; or broccoli & cauliflower, or whatever you have on hand or in the freezer. Depending on the type of program you are on or if you are trying to have a lighter carb dish, either stick to lowcarb veggies, or add one new potato or a small sweet potato (so good for us), or corn even ...

If it's with a tomato base -- I add tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, garlic, celery, zucchini or sweet peppers; and maybe corn for me, and a new potato for DH; or serve it with rice. You have so many choices really. We're having chicken for dinner tonight too, so I think this will be what I'll do since I have some fresh mushrooms on hand. Thanks for helping me make up my mind!

MAHTHA I've never tried artichoke hearts -- what do they taste like?
    I heard Marilyn Monroe loved them. So many times, I've wanted to try them, but concerned that neither DH or I would like them, and they cost a lot here, if you can even get them, that is.

We expect some company to show up this weekend too; not sure that they'll be here long but have been spiffing up the place just a tiny bit anyhow. Have a fab Friday everyone ...
  • Quote:
    when i was younger somebody said "it's like eating snot!"
    MANDY ~ I always associated that with eating OYSTERS -- you'd never get me to even try them ... but I just love, love, love sliced mushrooms & onions sauteed with a little butter, broth or water, and salt & peppa. Great with steak too!

That sweet & spicy recipe looks very simple too. One of our favorites is to do our chicken with sweet & sour (Honey & Garlic, actually) BBQ Sauce. Of course, I love to add onions & mushrooms to that one too, but they are optional. This is nice with corn and rice too.
  • Justwant2Bhealthy, marinated artichoke hearts aren't for me, but the plain canned ones are really good cooked with some sliced olives (Spanish for me, but any salty olive will do), spinach and feta in an egg scramble. I stole the idea from a restaurant in Kentucky; they have it on the menu as a Greek scramble and they use Kalamatas instead of Spanish olives. It's super delicious. I don't think plain artichoke hearts taste like much on their own, really. It's mostly a texture thing.

Mandy, I hate mushrooms too. They've grossed me out for as long as I can remember.

Still hungry. I still have two and a half hours of workday to get through and all I have left on my pre-dinner menu is half a pink grapefruit. I'm drinking iced espresso to help trick my PMS tummy into thinking it's not OMG STARVING. Getting on the scale post-TOM and seeing a big loss will make it worth it.
  • i don't eat oysters for the same reason. there are a lot of foods that i don't eat simply because of texture. that super slimy squishy texture just does not make my mouth happy! but i will always ALWAYS be a fan of the onion slivers/green peppers/garlic sauteed in a tbsp of olive oil and added to just about ANYTHING. i love the smell of it, especially.
  • Caroline ~ Thanks for the info on Artichokes; I have seen them in glass jars at the store -- I guess those would be the marinated ones. There may be canned ones too; I'll look.

MANDY ~ well, the same goes for SHRIMP for me; I have never liked the looks of them (they looked like giant worm bugs to me) so i didn't try them until a friend insisted that i must try them at least once. He sauteed them in some butter; so I tried them but was not impressed at all. They had no real taste of their own; all I could taste was the butter and they were rubbery and chewy and yuckkkkkkkkk! Nope, not for me; it's a texture thing too!

OMYGOSH ~ I just remembered one time my Grammie & her best friend took my sister & I out to lunch at this fancy restaurant, and they ordered ESCARGOT -- the chef came out with a board with about a dozen of those slimy little suckers on there. After we EEEWWWD for a bit while they laughed their guts out, he then came back and took them away. They didn't eat them either; it was all just to see our reaction ...

Well, I think now that I have grossed myself out completely, I might not want to eat for a month ...
  • I buy frozen artichoke hearts at Trader Joe's (I think I paid $2.99/bag last week). Grab a handful out of the bag and defrost then throw into almost anything. Artichokes/mushrooms/spinach/garlic are some of my favorite veggies so we'll have some combo of them at least once a week, usually over chicken.

If you're not sure you'll like them, saute some with garlic, wine and spinach or mushrooms and serve as a side dish. If you like it you can add to the rotation, if not you haven't ruined your whole dinner or broken the bank.

LOL on all the "snots"! I always refer to steamers as "post nasal drip" so I hear you on the texture thing.

Justwant2Bhealthy, if you had rubbery shrimp they were really overcooked. They're one of the few seafoods I like but I'm very particular about how fresh they are and how they're cooked.

I wish there was more food I DIDN'T like. I love food. I love to cook and find it completely relaxing at the end of the day and few things make me happier than standing at the stove stirring. <sigh>
  • 2- 60 minute cardio workouts several hours apart today. i walked this afternoon and then hubby was all "hey let's go to the gym cause... it's thursday yay!" and i said "sure, i don't need to use my legs tomorrow" and did 60 minutes on the elliptical. i rewarded myself with a piece of the cake i made for valentine's day. and enjoyed every bite of the 600 calories :P hopefully i burned more than that through my exercise today (MFP says so, by a lot). tomorrow will be the true test. community cook out, pot luck style. bring your meat to grill, but all the sides are provided by the people that attend. seriously thinking about stashing a baggie of carrots to snack on so i don't over indulge in all the yummy foods that will appear.