Regainers Relosing. Get it off AGAIN!

You're on Page 16 of 37
Go to
  • Good morning ladies!!! I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend!!!

Cheryl
    ~ sounds like you were Wonder Woman this weekend! How you ony had ONE of those crazy yummy rolls is beyond me! They're sooooo good! WTG!!! I have decided not to log my food this time around. Last time I wrote down every single thing I put into my mouth and I got too OCD about it. This time I'm just trying to stick to under 300 cals for my meals (I might up my cals to under 400 for dinner) and under 200 for snacks. At the very most that puts me at...lemme do the math...um...wow, 1400? No...I eat more than that...hmm...maybe I should start writing it down again.

Mahtha~ Another Wonder Woman in our midst! WTG on the healthy food choices! I get weak when I'm eating with friends. Congrats on the NSV too! Pretty soon those jeans will be too big for you! I lol'ed at "I didn't perish from starvation" Love it! Congrats on your loss!! You're off to a fantastic start!! Yeah!

Penguin~ I'm not sure if they're still available to tell you the truth...I haven't bought them in a long time. I have to run to the store today so I'll check and see if they're still there. Of course I'm going to Meijer--do you those where you are? I haven't checked for them elsewhere. I saw a trailer for Forks over Knives--where did you find the video? I'm quite interested in ditching the American diet--not sure if I can get hubs on board, but it's worth a shot!

BeverlyJoy~ Glad to hear your stepmom is recovering well! Ouch! I hope you're feeling better now! It's amazing how one wrong turn or twist can hurt so bad huh? I hate chocolate cravings! I've tried eating/drinking healthy substitutes (chocolate miranges, ff chocolate milk) when the craving is too much and it still doesn't help--nothing compares to eating actual chocolate.

dgramie~ Welcome!! Glad you found us! I'm fairly new too--but that doesn't stop me from runnin' my mouth a lot. These ladies are great! Do let us know how that recipe went--it sounds yummy!

Vladadog~ I hate feeling hungry for no reason! Ugh! I tend to do that when I'm pms'ing or hitting a bout of depression/anxiety. I just wander around the house in an effort to avoid the kitchen and then I end up there anyway. I've actually had to say out loud, "You're not hungry!!! Close the pantry/fridge/cabinet.", my kids look at me like I'm crazy. Glad you cured your craving issue!!!

JustWant2~ Oooh, lemon is my all time favorite yogurt! It's getting harder and harder to find. I need to adopt the same mindset in terms of 90% being good enough. I tend to get pissy with myself if I mess up and it can very quickly turn into self loathing and giving up. It's tough to remember that it didn't take a day or two to get back to where I am, so it's going to take a while to get it off and I'm going to stumble--and that's okay--I just need to remember to get back up and give myself credit for what I've done right.

Mandy~ glad your cold decided to give up and leave! Mmm, your Valentine's dinner sounds delish! Enjoy it! One meal is not going to ruin your efforts! In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if you had a little loss afterwards! Some suggest that our bodies need a rest day to remind it that it's not being starved to death and that it's okay to let go of some weight. Have a few bites of lasagna and a biscut for me k? Mmm, those things are yum-o!!

thistoo~ LOL Do you read Hyperbole and a Half by chance? Your 'EAT ALL THE FOOD' reminded me of her. I'm right there with ya on the PMS front. Dang TOM! I'm not craving anything thankfully, but I'm grumpy and mean and that's worse for everyone I live with. Bummer about the fridge! Ours does the same thing. Thankfully when it's been left open all night it still retains the cold so we've been lucky.

Well, I had a great diet weekend! I stayed OP the whole time and NO nighttime binges!! I had a LunaBar on Saturday night and a FiberOne bar last night--that's all! Can you even believe it? I could have used a bit more water over the weekend, yesterday mostly, but I did well otherwise. Spent the entire weekend cleaning. We have company coming from out of town on Thursday to spend the weekend and we need the house ready. It's going to be crazy with five extra people in the house! 11 people, 7 of them kids...just call the looney bin now! I'm totally looking forward to it though, it's been years since we've seen these friends. I am a little worried about staying OP though...

Okay, I'll end with my weekly WI results:

Start 2/6~ 236.4
    2/13~ 232.4

Have a fantastic day ladies!!!
  • Quote:
    Vladadog ---- oh boy, I am really struggling the last couple days...

Wednesday morning at work i was exhausted and gave in to the siren call of some keebler cookies. That white flour/sugar combo is deadly but usually the next day I wander around my house craving any sweet stuff I can cram in my mouth but by the day after I'm fine. Not so much this week - I've gotten sleep, I haven't had sugar so I should be back on track. But I am ravenous. All I want to do is eat - anything, everything. I'm not hungry,not really. But that doesn't help make me not want to eat eat eat.
    Boy does this resonate with me. I spent too many days making poor choices but I feel renewed enough to start again.

weigh-in 218.5
    B: coffee, yogurt, egg+egg sub, pumpkin, clementines
    L: WW tortilla rollups with turkey, LC cheese spread, bell pepper, spinach, banana
    D: meatloaf with shredded zucchini, carrots, beans, blueberries
    E: yoga, salsa dancing
  • iDream, We got Forks over Knives from Netflix, then passed it on to my parents so they can watch it. We don't have Meijers but I think they are owned by Krogers, which we do have. Krogers had a 'no cal sugar sub" but I couldn't tell if that was Truvia-like or not. Theres one more store I could check for Sun Chrystals. We are still eating meat/dairy, just smaller portions, and having veggie meals more often. I had to google the difference between vegan and vegetarian, neither really fits as far as I can tell, which is why I like the term Plant Strong.

Caroline, I hear about women who have 3+lb whooshs and I get so jealous. I usually don't gain or lose during TOM, but sometimes gain. I assume its the choc I'm eating so I don't kill/maim anything or anyone around me. April keeps asking to go outside a lot!

Mahtha, yay for lazy days.
  • i <3 hyperbole and a half. (it was my reference for my wii telling me to weigh in on ALL THE DAYS!) i know the question wasn't addressed to me, but i wanted to throw it out there. my fav is the spider one.

anyway, lots of fruits and veggies on the schedule for today. i'm gonna keep things way light today in light of the crazy food situation that's happening tomorrow night. so when my body is all OMG WHERE IS MY FOOD?! tomorrow morning after 1200 cals today i can be HERE IT IS and stuff it full of lasagna and make it happy. hoping the 2 days will average out to where my calories are supposed to be (1700-1800). tomorrow is a double workout day, hopefully i won't be too full after dinner to hit the elliptical.
  • Quote:
    k0nfyo0zed;4214669]it was my reference for my wii telling me to weigh in on ALL THE DAYS
    Mandy, my daughter was using the wii last night and when she powered it up it told her she had gained 3 pounds and needed to pass up seconds next time around! I was amused because of your story, but horrified that this THING would be so judgemental.

While it was scolding her and flashing her weight onscreen, I realized she weighs almost exactly my target weight. HOLY CRAP that's a vision I'm having a really hard time coming to grips with. She's a size 6/8 and while a little pear-shaped just like Mom, heads always turn when she enters a room. Is that really what my target looks like? (Can I have the glossy hair and perfect skin, too? )
  • Quote: thistoo~ LOL Do you read Hyperbole and a Half by chance? Your 'EAT ALL THE FOOD' reminded me of her.
    I love my Eat Alot!

No, I don't read it regularly, but I am familiar with it. It's just that I spend way too much time on Livejournal (or I used to, anyway) and ALL THE THINGS has entered the common vernacular there.

Today I had hard boiled eggs and a banana for lunch. I'm not punishing myself for the fridge fiasco; that's just what I had that I could still eat safely. Payday is Friday and I didn't really want to spend $12 on an expensive salad downtown. It's Knoxville! You'd think we were New York with the prices they charge in the restaurants around here.

Penguin, I get jealous of people with big whooshes too. It's not fair! Though since I've given up carbs altogether I actually manage to lose during TOM, which is unheard of for me, so I'll take what I can get.
  • mmm boiled eggs. i LOVE hard boiled egg whites. i just recently bought 'eggies' so i could buy a jug of egg whites and just boil that part. they are awesome for 10 bucks, but are a bit of a pain to clean. the good news is, they are top rack safe in the dishwasher so it's just a matter of taking them apart and putting them away again. it's like a puzzle trying to get your eggs boiled!
  • Just had to pop in super quick to say...

I WORKED OUT!!!

Finally! It was horrific and a total train wreck, but I did it! I jumped, did core, pushups...oh it was ugly, but I hung in there until it was over and it can only get better from here. It left me scratching my head as to how I used to be able to do all of that stuff before and then I remembered...oh yeah! I was nearly 100 lbs lighter and had been working out for months!!! Duh! LOL

Anyway, just had to share, I'll be back for personals again tomorrow!
    Hope everyone is having a fantastic day!!!!
  • YAY FOR WORKOUTS!

also, yay for your sigline reminding me to drink my water :P it's been sitting here all day and i haven't had much. i've just been vegging at the computer and need to get off my buns do some housework and exercise.
  • Quote: mmm boiled eggs. i LOVE hard boiled egg whites.
    I think the best part about being low carb is that I have full permission to eat the yolks too. That's my favorite part!

Quote: Just had to pop in super quick to say...

I WORKED OUT!!!
    Woo hoo iDream! It's painful getting back into it, I know. I have a date with Sean T. later, and he's going to hurt me, but I'll think of your success and power through.
  • Quote: Just had to pop in super quick to say...

I WORKED OUT!!!
    You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Quote:
    I WORKED OUT!!!

Finally! It was horrific and a total train wreck, but I did it! I jumped, did core, pushups...oh it was ugly, but I hung in there until it was over and it can only get better from here. It left me scratching my head as to how I used to be able to do all of that stuff before and then I remembered...oh yeah! I was nearly 100 lbs lighter and had been working out for months!!! Duh! LOL
    Good job! I workout to DVD's, and sometimes I get frusterated with the instructers, half my size who have probably never been overweight in there lives, telling me I need to work harder and I can hold the plank a few more mintues because its only my bodyweight! I like to visualize them with a 50+lb weight on there back/hips, and see how they feel?!

Mandy, I keep looking at those Eggies but never shell out the money. I'm afraid I would lose patience trying to get the egg out and they would end up squished, from my beating on them!

Weather is weird today, sleet then sun, repeat!
  • they aren't so bad... the eggs tend to slide right out and if they don't, a little squeezing of the cup gets it to work. the downside is, you can't use cooking spray, you have to use the solid non-stick stuff, and the only thing i have is crisco, so i don't know if that cooks into the egg. i tend to have to wash off the residue so i'm assuming not. or at least not much.
  • CHERYL ~ congrats for staying on plan for a week ... that's a NSV in my books! I laughed when you said, "you're life tilted and you fell off" becuz at first, I thought you said, "my world tilted, and I fell off" ... and we're so glad you are still here with us ...

IDREAM ~ congrats for getting that exercising in; I did an eccentric arm yoga a while back, and thought my arms were going to fall off -- but hey, I survived to tell about it ...

I wonder why lemon yogurt is so hard to find, when so many people tell me that they love it like I do. Hey, YOPLAIT ... just make some more so we can have some too, OK!!!

The eating has been good: last night I fell asleep early -- woke up hungry, but I'm OK now. Friday, we had Veggie-Mushroom Soup for dinner, as I had an upset tummy: turns out it was some hot pepperettes I had for a snack. Saturday, we had thin crust pizza & salad. We had roasted chicken pieces & veggies Sunday; and tonight was steak & onions & veggies with barley/rice combo for dinner. Maybe we'll have fish tomorrow night ... sounds good.\

Have a great week everyone ...
  • Mon Feb 13
    B= banana, 1c milk, vits, 1 c cereal
    L= 2 slices veggie pizza, chips and salsa
    D= Tomato & Lentil soup, few triscuits
    S= ice cream, banana
    E= 60min cardio

I've been cooking vegatarian meals since Sun night. Hubby came home today, looked in the soup pot, and sheepishly asked 'Can we have meat tomorrow?" Poor Hubby, I think he thought we were never going to eat meat again, LOL, I did offer to defrost some chicken strips or meatballs for him, but after he tasted the soup he was okay. Yay!

Mandy, can't use cooking spray? that's something to consider, I guess I could use butter???