IP Daily Chat Friday 1/20/12

You're on Page 8 of 9
Go to
  • Quote: Hey there...I just noticed your location...I'm from the Tri-Cities too! Crazy weather huh? Stuck at home as well, makes it hard as I'm a boredom eater...doing good though! Nice to meet you
    Hi nice to meet you too! I did finally venture out but had trouble getting up my driveway...shovel shovel shovel and I made it at last! HavE a great weekend!
  • I am in search of the pudding "cake" recipe and the "cookies"....I tried searching for them and looking in recipes...no luck. I would be very appreciative if anyone has the recipes at their fingertips thank you!!!!
  • Well I had WI#2 today lost 1.6 lbs but it's a loss. That makes 5.6 lbs in two weeks. I'm a little frustraighted because I cannot figure out why I am losing so slow on this diet. I have always been a slow loser but I though IP would be the answer. I drink so much water I feel like I might float away. I am going to hang in there because at this point I have not cravings and just not having soda in 14 days is amazing to me.
  • [QUOTE=sandralosingweight;4180982]Hello,

Can you please tell me how many grams of protein are there in the EAS shake V/S the powder?

Thanks They have `17 grams of protein in the Advant EDGE carb contol chocolate drink. I hope this helps!
  • Homemade roasted chicken, turnip chips and flavored sparkling water for dinner. Yum!
  • Just had the EAS powder protein for the first time for my snack. Wow-- what a let down. I didn't expect it to be as good as the IP chocolate drink, but geez-- not even ClOSE! I bought a 5 lb bag too... Ugh. IP really does spoil me
  • I am day 16 and I can't believe how different I truely feel. I am working lots of night shifts and feel so rested. I really thought about that last night. The energy I have is awesome. I was thinking its cause my partner is in Mexico and I'm home alone,and sleeping more than I usually do,but I honestly believe its the ID programn. I have no craving,cookies and chips,crackers and cheese at work and I NEVER take any of it. Today when I woke up I felt"skinny"!!!! I have not felt this wonderful in years,and even feels bones ! SO excited.....My honey is going to be so surprised when I get to Mexico in 3 weeks. New cloths planning and something totally sexy for Valentine's in Mexico!!!!!
  • Week 2 Weigh-In, down 7.5 lbs!!!! NSV, saw my reflection in a window this week and didn't look away.
    Thanks for all the support and awesome encouragement on this site and have a great weekend!
  • Quote: Week 2 Weigh-In, down 7.5 lbs!!!! NSV, saw my reflection in a window this week and didn't look away.
    Thanks for all the support and awesome encouragement on this site and have a great weekend!
    congrats!!! I am SOOO excited and looking forward to that moment! I have always been tall and slim but I have RA and after 6 months of oral steroids a few years ago found myself obese. I have pretty much been in denial about it and just avoid mirrors and photos - I still feel like my skinny beautiful self lol! Can't wait til the mirror shows that as well I feel bad because we have like 2 family photos from the last 2 years because I just didn't want to face reality or want any evidence that I was ever at this weight. Looking forward to LOTS of family photos starting this summer
  • Quote: Well had my weigh in yesterday and thought I posted it on yesterday's chat, but could not find it. So will try again...lol. Down another 5.2 lbs, for a total of 29.2 lbs in 5 weeks. Must say I'm feeling pretty good about that. Never thought that I would really stick with it, but I have except for my cheats over Xmas. Hope everyone else had and had great losses as well!!!
    Wow you are having awesome results. I had a good week 1, (7 pounds) but not so great week 2 (0.2)

Any tips ?
  • Quote: Well I had WI#2 today lost 1.6 lbs but it's a loss. That makes 5.6 lbs in two weeks. I'm a little frustraighted because I cannot figure out why I am losing so slow on this diet. I have always been a slow loser but I though IP would be the answer. I drink so much water I feel like I might float away. I am going to hang in there because at this point I have not cravings and just not having soda in 14 days is amazing to me.
    Hi,

I know how you feel. I too am usually a slow loser. I had a great week last week (-7), but this week although I stuck to the plan I only lost .2 lbs. A loss but not quite what I was expecting. Hang in there, everyone seems to be having amazing results...maybe we are just slow starters !
  • Quote: congrats!!! I am SOOO excited and looking forward to that moment! I have always been tall and slim but I have RA and after 6 months of oral steroids a few years ago found myself obese. I have pretty much been in denial about it and just avoid mirrors and photos - I still feel like my skinny beautiful self lol! Can't wait til the mirror shows that as well I feel bad because we have like 2 family photos from the last 2 years because I just didn't want to face reality or want any evidence that I was ever at this weight. Looking forward to LOTS of family photos starting this summer
    I also have a auto-immune disorder(fibromyalgia) that has wreaked havoc with my weight, to say nothing about what all the meds do. There is a carb-intolerance associated with it as well, so basically this is the only way I can lose the weight.
    Let's all keep hanging in there together.
  • Surviving on phase 3. Maintained my 147 lbs. Breakfasts are alot. Been home this week, Had holidays to use up. I love shopping now Found a pair of jeans...reg $184 " the second hand store for $4.39...ssssizzzlin ,3nice springy t-shirts and I bought a summer dress today all for under $25. Yahoo
  • Quote: I have a very good friend with lupus who would also be interested in any info you could send; thanks in advance!
    Absolutely I will get all the info my rheumy has and will be happy to share. I am very optimistic and confident this is the answer for me (finally)... Lupus has wreaked havoc on myself and my loving family way too long!! Your friend is in my prayers it is an awful disease...
  • Wuv
    Quote: Welcod congrats on your success so far. You don't get a ticker until you are a member of the site for 20 days and have made 20 post
    Thanks WUV! I didn't know that either!