Is Flavored Olive Oil Permitted in Phase 1?

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • OK, that just made me want to try Tofu! I've never eaten it but it sounds like it could be absolutely delicious if prepared correctly.
    Thanks!!!
  • infoplease - Thanks for the tofu info!! It sounds good, I've been looking for some alternate proteins to try.
  • Quote: I see several people refering to the 0/0/0 as no carb/no sugar/no alcohol when the IP protocol actually refers to it as no carb/no fat/no sugar. But since this is replacing your oil allowance, I would assume it would be OK to use.

And mac & cheese sounds good!
    LOL!!! You're so right about the 0/0/0...guess some of us just have booze on our minds!!! Cheers!
  • Quote: Thanks for the quantity clarification. I gave my coach a homework assignment to clarify vegetarian options for me, but she was sick yesterday.

As for my tofu experimentation, Extra Firm is typically the lowest in carbs and highest in protein (they range is like 1g to 6g carbs so not super significant). I typically cube it and cook it first, using some oil spray or minimal oil in a non stick pan on med high; after it has a hard texture/somewhat browned you can remove it and cook you vegetables then add it back at the end.

Soft will kind of disintegrate when you cook it. Leaves little bits and pieces on your vegetables. It won't typically crisp up, so you can just put it in with your vegetables and as you stir it up it will pretty much break up. You can also blend it into drinks and puddings.

Tofu will pick up the flavors around it -- so using a flavored oil to cook it in or to drizzle on after would be really tasty. Or, saute some garlic cut into chips prior to adding the tofu to a stir fry if you are a fresh garlic fan.

You can cube it up "raw" and put it into salads, too.

You can cut it into "slabs" about 1/2 inch thick and bake it. Not sure what is OP to use for sauce; maybe some of the Walden Farms ones would work.

Hope you post any good recipes you find or create.
    Thanks for those tips! Very helpful! My sister is a big Tofu fan and I'll ask her for some ideas... one of her old friends who was a chef prepared it for us and it was amazing...and Paul Newman's daughter made a full Thanksgiving dinner and used tofu and Paul couldn't tell the difference! So, it will be possible to make it great...just worried about the first few attempts!!! LOL