Before bedtime hunger

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • So I've been back on WW since the beginning of the year. My problem is that I go to school at night and dont get out till 9, so I eat my dinner at 5:30. My problem is by the time I go to bed I'm STARVING!! What are some good snakcs that I can eat before bed that will keep me full?
  • I'm no longer on ww's but when I would get hungry at night I would save pts for: for a slice of toast n 1 tbl spoon of almond butter,a f/f choc pudding,some nuts,or even a few slices of oscar meyer turkey slices. Usually the slices of turkey did the trick or a cheese stick. Hope this helps!
  • Hey KT.. I too sometimes get a lil night hunger.. For me it depends what mood i'm in and how many points I have left.. so here's my list

- Sugar free Jello 0 PP- and they actually taste good!
    - WW String cheese - 1pp a piece
    -perhaps a cup of cereal like fiber one honey clusters add some sliced bananas and 1 cup of milk
    -I have a variety of right bites snacks from nabisco or keeblers they range from like 2-3 pp a pouch
    -crackers
    - fruits 9grapes, cantaloupes etc

sometimes i drink sparkling water and it turns out i'm not really as hungry as i thought. I guess it all depends how you manage your points/meals thru out the day. I hope this helps =)
  • last night I had the same problem, and had spent all my points. I made a fruit salad, with blueberries, pineapple and strawberries, and had a glass of low fat milk, and did well. It was a big cereal bowl full of fruit. That was free, so no problems with points.
  • If I'm super hungry it's usually soup or a really big veggie egg white omelette.
  • If I've got munchies, I always try hot tea or hot sugar free apple cider first. I think that late at night it's usually that I'm trying to wind down instead of actual hunger. If I'm still 'really' hungry after that, then it's usually either toast, yogurt, or lite microwave popcorn.
  • I'm not a fruit or veggie eater, but I'll eat some baby carrots w/ a wedge or two of Laughing Cow (2 wedges is 1 point), an apple or I'll have a Sargento light string cheese (1 point). I've also found myself going to bed early to avoid eating more points, hah! Maybe not the best thing to do, but my rest has improved.
  • If I'm really hungry before bed I'll usually have a banana and some water, keeps me full.
  • I find cup of soup is good, chicken noodle or waterbased is good. Popcorn is a real hunger buster for me. Depending on how many points I have left, either sugar coated or lite butter flavour.
  • Something I really like if you are interested.

I am a huge fan of miso soup and it's really easy to make at home. You just boil 1.5 cups of water, cube about 3oz of firm tofu, cook for about 3-4 min, add the broth concentrate and presto! It's only 2 points plus.

Also, I drink just the miso broth (without the tofu it's 0 points), or just have some chicken broth. It's 0 points and it's nice and warm and it's a great thing to have right before bedtime.
  • Also, tea is great!
  • Try popcorn! You get LOTS of it for just a few points
  • I am a fan of air popped popcorn too. Broth is good or I take some chicken broth and through in some veggies like carrot, onion, celery and cook until they are tender.

I know this isn't real great but it works for me if I microwave a small red potato and then put a little mustard on it...weird I know
  • I'm trying to decide what to do with late night hunger. Being a diabetic we have to have a snack at night so our levels won't spike by morning. So I use some of my weekly points and have a snack such as 1 cup. ff milk and a fiber one 90 cal. brownie. or 1 slice of ww bread with a T. peanut butter on it and 1 C. milk. or a bottle of water with Mio sweet tea in it Yum!
  • Ezekiel bread toasted, spray- on butter, warm milk with vanilla and splenda...no hunger and good sleep.