Finding that maintenance sweet spot... Just curious.

• Hi Everyone! I am new to the maintainers part of thus website. I have been maintaining for a few months now. I am still struggling with finding my caloric maintenance sweet spot. I'm still losing a little without trying(which is okay for now).

I was wondering if everyone maintaining would please share the calories you have found you are able to maintain on and your current weight. I am very curious about this and think it would give me more if a general idea what my optimal amount may be. Thanks!!
  • I'm in the same boat as you. Fortunately, I'm finding that I can maintain on many more calories than I thought. My goal weight was 145, and I'm currently 135 because I've kept losing while trying to figure out my maintenance calorie level. As of a couple of weeks ago, I was eating 2000 calories per day and still losing about 1/2 lb. a week. So, as of last week, I've increased my calories to 2100 per day and have cut back on my activity level a bit. I'll weigh in on 1/28 (I've been weighing myself once every couple of weeks while trying to figure out my maintenance calories).

ETA: I'm 43 yo & 5 ft 3
  • There are a lot of factors to consider, just as there are in losing the weight.

I think you might be quite a bit taller than a lot of us so you would have to adjust your cals accordingly. You might also be able to figure out comparisons using ratios (?).

I am 5'4", 54 yrs. old, and I'm maintaining 135 lbs. on about 1600 cals every day for 3 days and then 2000 cals the 4th day. I have a very active job - commercial dogwalker - so am able to eat quite a bit more than I would if I were inside at a desk.

Dagmar
  • I eat around 1700-1900 3 days a week, 1400-1600 2 days a week, 2000-2500 1 day a week and 3000+ 1 day week. Sounds crazy huh, but it works for me and depending on my activity level, I sometimes have to take it down a notch. Right now I'm training so at these numbers I'm actually losing a little. And when I'm not training I have to stick to the lower side of the them. It's a very personal thing and can take a very LONG time to figure out. Good luck!
  • Hey guys, FYI I asked a moderator to sticky the last thread we had about this topic since it seems to come up every few months. You can find it here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/livi...iners-eat.html