Snacks and maintenance

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I've only been in Phase 4: Maintenance for 1 week, but I opted to purchase snacks for 2 weeks. I'm wondering what is everyone doing for snacks? And I don't mean fruit...

Any suggestions??
  • I used 0%MF Greek yogurt and I flavor it with DaVinci syrups.
  • I would also LOVE to hear what others are doing though, I would like a bit more variety.
  • Quote: I used 0%MF Greek yogurt and I flavor it with DaVinci syrups.
    Hmmm...I hadn't tried those DaVinci syrups...thanks for the suggestion...love greek yogurt!
  • Emerald 100 calorie pack emerald cocoa almonds. Yuuuuuuuummmmmm.
  • Quote: Emerald 100 calorie pack emerald cocoa almonds. Yuuuuuuuummmmmm.
    thanks for that suggestion...i have been hearing all these crazy flavored almonds the last couple of weeks...im not even sure i eat almonds lol...Ill have to do a taste test .
  • Quote: I've only been in Phase 4: Maintenance for 1 week, but I opted to purchase snacks for 2 weeks. I'm wondering what is everyone doing for snacks? And I don't mean fruit...

Any suggestions??
    Thanks for asking this question, as I too have been wondering. I don't care for nuts, but perhaps I should give them another try, as I didn't care for many low carb veggies ten months ago, and now I eat many; LOL!

So far, I've fried egg whites or had a RTD IP or alternative shake at bedtime. I'd like to keep it focused on protein....
  • I have an atkins advantage or pure protein bar every night, mostly the peanut butter and chocolate flavor as the numbers seem to be better and I love peanut butter. Not all bars are created equal, so compare labels. I just don't want to be tied to the IP products for the rest of my life. I loved losing on the diet, but towards the end, I started dreading walking into my clinic. I'm not sure of the reasoning behind it.
  • Quote: I have an atkins advantage or pure protein bar every night, mostly the peanut butter and chocolate flavor as the numbers seem to be better and I love peanut butter. Not all bars are created equal, so compare labels. I just don't want to be tied to the IP products for the rest of my life. I loved losing on the diet, but towards the end, I started dreading walking into my clinic. I'm not sure of the reasoning behind it.
    Never tried atkinds products, good suggestion :-)

*sidebar--can we have real peanut butter now??
  • Yes, starting in phase 3, you can have real peanut butter. I have a peanut butter and banana sandwich most mornings. As with everything, moderation is key!
  • Quote: Yes, starting in phase 3, you can have real peanut butter. I have a peanut butter and banana sandwich most mornings. As with everything, moderation is key!

For me peanut butter and moderation don't fit in the same sentence! I bought dehydrated PB, seems to work for me because I have to mix up what I am going to use, no impulse PB, lol
  • I buy some snack items from Lindora, like the IP ones but a lot cheaper.
  • A hard boiled egg with 1 ounces of hard cheese makes a very tasty low carb snack- my problem is limiting it to 1 ounce of cheese but for those of you who have will power-yummy!
  • YAY!!! to the peanut butter...I guess jelly is out of the question huh? Like I'm thinking a nice PB&J sandwich on 100% ww sandwich thin, when would this be appropriate, like at breakfast?

I've never tried any alternative products...will have to check them out.

Stuck in the house (not really -just don't feel like going out in the cold) with no IP snack products tonight...what should I have???
  • Breakfast is the only time you are allowed to combine carbs and fat. I'm not sure that you can eat a pnut butter and jelly sandwich, you would have to look at the label of the jelly closely. I'm imagining that there will be a lot of sugar and carbs, but not positive.

I have no idea what you have in your house, so I'll just throw a few ideas out there for you: yogurt, piece of fruit, an egg, cheese, raw veggies, any IP packet you have would work..... basically the same things listed by others in this thread. Someone in the Maintainers thread mentioned that they occasionally have a pudding snack, either sugar free or fat free, I don't remember, jello would be an option too.