Garden Lites

• Has anyone tried these? http://www.garden-lites.com/get-real...ted-vegetable/
  • They look yummy!
  • My preferred store only carries the broccoli and butternut squash. The broccoli tasted too sweet for my taste buds and so was the butternut squash but I like my butternut squash sweet - almost like a dessert! I have one in my freezer now.
  • I bought the spinach and zucchini variety. I've had these in my freezer for about a week. I was wanting something today that would be ready when I got out of the shower, without me having to do anything. I was getting hungry. Anyways, I am a big eater, so I decided to cook both of them. They are very filling and I think one would suffice for most people. Two were just right for me. I'm not thrilled with the amount of sodium in them. I loved the taste/flavor, though. I think they are kinda expensive, but I bought them on sale and I used coupons. That made the price good. I would highly recommend these. No crazy ingredients, either. I thought about making my own, but then decided if I was going to do that, the easiest thing would be to make an omelet. After they were ready, I let them set for a little while to firm up. I'm glad I did this. The other issue with making them myself would be the problem of getting all the water out of the veggies. I think they would end up too "wet" if I made them. Anyways, they were a nice little treat today. I got 4 extra servings of veggies along with protein and fiber.
  • They look good, but I gotta say YIKES on the sodium for moi!
  • They look delicious!
  • These were too sweet tasting for me too. They have "sweet" veggies like carrot and bell pepper and then they go and add cane juice? No thanks! I haven't bought them again.
  • I ate the zucchini/pepper mix last week when I was on vacation. I would NEVER ever buy these unless in a pinch - over $4 for one breakfast comprised of cheap veggies and egg whites?

The flavor was good, and it was filling, but I'd make something similar myself and save myself the money!