Easy Take along veggies.

• I am trying to get started on this diet the first time I tried I only did it for a few days because I felt so sick. This time I want to be more diligiant about what I am eatting so I don't feel like I am starving. I also don't have the money to go back on the packets so I am doing it alternatively. I drive an hour each way to school and then spend 5 hours at school. I do have access to a microwave. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about what kind of veggies I can take with me that I could eat raw or easily cook in the microwave. I will also be having EAS Drinks for breakfast, lunch, and a snack at night. I know that I need to eat 4 cups of veggies a day and 8oz. of a lean meat along with the drinks and lettuce.
  • Cucumbers are my best friend
    bell peppers
    pickles
    mushrooms
    cherry tomatoes (twice a week)
    zucchni
    green or yellow squash
    broccoli
    cauliflower

These are my go to veggies to snack on throughout the day. I put them in 2 cup baggies sometimes I mix it up to make the 2 cups. Like I will put some bell pepper, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes in a baggie together to get a variety.

You could also buy yourself some of the Mircowave steamer veggies, they have some smaller bags like of green beans (occasional) broccoli and cauliflower
  • Quote: I am trying to get started on this diet the first time I tried I only did it for a few days because I felt so sick. This time I want to be more diligiant about what I am eatting so I don't feel like I am starving. I also don't have the money to go back on the packets so I am doing it alternatively. I drive an hour each way to school and then spend 5 hours at school. I do have access to a microwave. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about what kind of veggies I can take with me that I could eat raw or easily cook in the microwave. I will also be having EAS Drinks for breakfast, lunch, and a snack at night. I know that I need to eat 4 cups of veggies a day and 8oz. of a lean meat along with the drinks and lettuce.
    Roasted vegetables transport easily and are good at room temperature. But don't forget to take your Romaine, too. Maybe you could keep some sea salt, cider vinegar, and EVOO at school? Romaine is also good for snacking or wrapping meat in.
  • I'm not big on eating raw veggies, but I have dipped them in a little Walden Farm dressing to snack on.
  • celery too
  • I do a lot of steamed veggies. I do the bags you just microwave. Super easy. In the summer I ate cucumbers everyday and that was easy but I can't find any good ones right now.