1st week success!

• Hello All:

I am so excited! This is first day of 2nd week and of course, first weigh in. I am down 8 lbs in 7 days. I am astounded.

I have lost and regained many times over my 57 years so I know that the first week is always the most exciting - but unfortunately, after menopause - I could never achieve that first big boost on other programs. Weight Watchers, Nutrisystem, Bars, Cookies, Shakes - on and on.

I am down from 192.4 to 184.4. The first week was a little rough but only because both DH and myself had the flu and didn't get off the couch for a week. Both on antibiotics, NSAIDs, and I am sure all those products did'nt support weight loss along with just feeling miserable.

I did adhere to water guidelines and was sure to eat everything I was supposed to in the first week. I was liberal with homemade salad dressings according to recipes on this forum and we went out for dinner on Saturday night - and I had wine and an after dinner cordial - no starches with food though - was careful to order beef and double clean veggies.

I will stick to the plan in the long run if I do not deny myself or suffer. I was not hungry, I did not feel denied, and am looking forward to another great week. I am doing a distance program (IP to go) because of my schedule and distance to nearest clinic so I am so glad to have found this forum!

Checking in in one week - have a great week everyone!!!
  • Wonderful NEWS!!!
    Keep going. Wondeful job! sometimes week 1 can be the hardest!

Grace
  • Great job! Keep up the good work! I too am on the IP program....LOVE it so far