Juicing

• Does anyone do juicing as part of they eating plan or as their whole eating plan?

If so, how and what type of juicier do you use?

Thanks
  • I juice fruits and veggies for a dinner drink. I use the Breville on the documentary "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead". I love it!
  • Seaurchin,

Thank you for your reply.

I also just watched that DVD and it was an amazing story, the part I enjoyed the most, was how it helped de tox your body. I am thinking of trying that maybe one or two days a week, I can not see it as a way of life daily. But the benefits must be great as an add on to a healthy lifestyle.

My DH also wants to try it, which surprised me, but I told him this means you drink the drinks as they turn out and don't go adding sugar or tons of fruit (watch that sugar content).

Now I want to see what those juicers go for. Thank you.

Quote: I juice fruits and veggies for a dinner drink. I use the Breville on the documentary "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead". I love it!
  • I think Lynn had tried the juicing at one time ~ maybe she will have some information.
  • I do juice too. I love my jack la lane. I got her at Kohl's.
    I add ginger and cinnamon to everything I jiuce. beets, carrots tomatos, celery, parsnips too. Pears give the juice an almost milky velvet finish. Juicing is awesome.
  • I tend to juice about 3 times a week, normally its a fruit juice drink for breakfast & to give the immune system a wee boost. I have read recently though that its not necessarily as good as we thought. Does anybody know anything more about this opinion?
  • DH and I did some juicing this past summer. We loved the flavor of the juice but it took so much produce that we discontinued and do smoothies now.
  • I know you have to be careful about the amount of sugar in your items you juice, that is why you need to limit fruit.
  • Well, for me I would rather deal w/ the sugar from juicing than the sugar from oreo cookies, IYKWIM.
  • Hamilton Big Mouth Juicer. Just line the one pulp collection bin with a grocery store bag and it's a snap to clean. The rest of the bits can go in the dishwasher.

http://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach.../dp/B000FHQJ6C

Later on I moved on to Vitamix to keep the fiber/pulp in.

A.