dairy free alternatives for ip?

• Hey Guys,

I used to do the IP alternatives and i did notice i lost weight...I planned to go back to it after Christmas and New years, however, i got sick with stomach issues and its still not diagnosed quite yet , but right now i am not able to stomach dairy or soy...so do you know of any possible nutritional supplment drinks or shakes that i could use to do an IP style diet??? that contain no dairy wheat gluten or soy???
  • I was wondering the same thing about dairy. I usually use milk in my coffee every morning, but I do not measure it I have not asked my coach yet what to do, but was wondering if soy milk would be okay to use.
  • I've looked for dairy free-soy free protein shakes before. You're pretty much left with egg white protein and rice protein. I don't think you can get either one as ready-to-drink shakes, and I found them both incredibly bad tasting - far worse than the dairy versions.
  • Quote: I've looked for dairy free-soy free protein shakes before. You're pretty much left with egg white protein and rice protein. I don't think you can get either one as ready-to-drink shakes, and I found them both incredibly bad tasting - far worse than the dairy versions.
    Hmm...if you guys are using the alternatives, have you looked for a protein powder you could mix with soy/almond milk? I used to use a protein powder, but I know it had whey in it. Not sure how bad your stomach issues are, but it might be a decent substitute.
  • Quote: Hey Guys,

I used to do the IP alternatives and i did notice i lost weight...I planned to go back to it after Christmas and New years, however, i got sick with stomach issues and its still not diagnosed quite yet , but right now i am not able to stomach dairy or soy...so do you know of any possible nutritional supplment drinks or shakes that i could use to do an IP style diet??? that contain no dairy wheat gluten or soy???
    What about soy milk. Perhaps mix a protein supplement with the soy milk. I think going to a dietician is the best advice. It may cost $100 for a consultation, but they would have the best advice, especially with a gatritis problem. Good luck!!!

When you were on IP, did you notice you had stomach issues?
  • There are some protein shakes with no gluten, dairy, soy....Jay Robb (I think I'm spelling right.). Comes in packets add water or juice (we wouldn't). Not bad. I get them at whole foods, you could look online....
  • Quote: I was wondering the same thing about dairy. I usually use milk in my coffee every morning, but I do not measure it I have not asked my coach yet what to do, but was wondering if soy milk would be okay to use.
    My coach said soy milk was fine as a substitute so I use Silk with DHA Omega and calcium. Good luck!
  • I was also wondering about what IP foods are free of gluten, soy and dairy. Because week 1 and my intestines are NOT happy.