Cooked onions

• Can anyone help me understand why raw onions are fine but cooked aren't? I get that they caramelize - so do other veggies when cooked - I'm just not clear as to how that could possible change the actual makeup of the onion. It shouldn't mean that it somehow has more carbs but my coach is adament about it and I know it's part of the program.

Of everything about IP, this is the ONLY thing that confounds me - and I'm not usually one to take things at face value! Has anyone received a good explanation for this?
  • When they are cooked it releases its natural sugars.... there for makes then something that we shouldn't eat!
  • Quote: When they are cooked it releases its natural sugars.... there for makes then something that we shouldn't eat!
    HMMMM....look at lil ms school girl in that new HOT pic....YOU GO GIRL.....show what you got!....and she is correct releases its natural sugars!!!
  • My coach did say I could quickly cook them, not the the point of caramelizing, but enough to warm up when I added to my eggs.