Veggie Teams Challenge- Week 1

You're on Page 3 of 4
Go to
  • isabella- i will definitely try the Mazidra recipe that you posted. I might even add some veggie ground round to the hot part.

I am losing weight much more slowly than I ever have before, but maybe this is because I am eating in a way that is sustainable. I am really enjoying the healthy food that I am eating and I tell myself that the pounds that I am losing so slowly are ones that won't come back. I just can't see myself going back to deprivation measures. Been there, done that too many times and life is too short.
  • I was really hungry this morning and couldn't even think about exercising until I ate breakfast. Of course I had to wait then for a bit to let everything settle. I'm getting a bit excited about tomorrow's weigh in as I've been very good this week. But I've been in this game long enough to know that the rewards don't always come when expected.

Madame Sousa, make sure you use brown/green lentils in this recipe as the red ones will go to mush. I'm a bland food kind of person and don't like anything too spicy. You can spice these lentils up as much as you like and add lots more garlic to your taste. I made enough lentils to make a lentil roast for dinner and burgers for two other meals. There's only DH and I at home so they really stretched out.

Twish, I've never used ground round in this dish but I do make sloppy joes with it and add lentils to the mix. So I expect the Mazidra would take the ground round nicely.
  • Anyone getting excited for weigh-in tomorrow? I am. =)
  • I am excited for weigh in. I changed my weigh in from Wednesday to Friday so it feels strange for me. I have been trying to add more protein and am still playing with how many calories I eat. I was feeling like I was loosing too fast. I was also pretty stressed at the start of the week so we'll see how I did.

Isabella, I always got the pink lentils because they were prettier. I had no idea they were mushier. I will have to try the green ones.
  • Well, Friday is here and it is time to weigh-in!

I'm at 253.4- down 2.6 lbs that I hope never to see again!

Hope everyone had a good week!
  • Todays weigh-in = 200.2
  • Congrats sunshine! great result!
  • I'm weighing in at 216 this morning!
  • Awesome job kailpea!
  • 177 pounds

180.5 - 177 = 3.5 pound loss

I'm happy.
  • Congrats Isabella! That's a great result for one week.
  • I am at 195 down 4 lbs.
  • Everyone has done a super job this past week.

I don't expect to lose as much next week as this was a big loss for me. The weekend is really hard for me as we always have a big meal with dessert which I really enjoy. I don't do without the dessert but it's the leftovers that can do me in. But just being in this challenge will help me to stop and think.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
  • What a result, Madame Souza. Congrats.

Seems like it has been a great week for everyone. Only 3 more results to come in...
  • Congratulations everyone!