What do you eat for breakfast?

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Breakfast is my favourite meal out of the day. I love eggs. I love trying to new recipes with eggs (quiches, omelettes, & frittatas) because I can pack them with a ton of veggies.

My breakfast normally consist of
    -a bowl of oatmeal (or some sort of fiber enriched cereal)
    -tea (coffee or any herb tea with no sugar)
    -an egg (the way I prepare my egg varies from day to day)
    -a slice of bread
    -some veggies

Today I started class at 8:30 & I only had time to make my oatmeal but after an hour or so I began to feel hungry (and my stomach began to growl in class..which was embarrassing). I think I need to figure out a quick and simple routine for breakfast on those days when I don't have time.

Any suggestions?
  • Here are some of my go-to's:

- two slices wholegrain toast w/ natural PB
    - irish oats with raisins and brown sugar
    - muslix with skim milk
    - 1/2 bagel with fruit
    - 1 egg on 1/2 bagel
    - omelette
  • I usually stick with Eggo Nutrigrain low fat waffles (2)
    with a roma tomato or strawberries and boiled egg whites.
    Or something along those lines
    With water of course
  • I had a chocolate ********** shake made with vanilla almond milk and some almond butter. LOTS of nutrients in those shakes!
  • I rarely vary my breakfast - mainly because I love it:

30 grams of sangak (a type of Iranian flat bread.)
    10-15 grams of dimyati (some type of soft white Egyptian cheese.)
    1 cup of Indian tea made with skim milk (basically you brew the tea in the milk rather than water, then add some spices plus 2.5 tsp of sugar.)

When I'm on vacation away from home I usually opt for fruits, cheeses and 1 whole wheat toast or simply a 2 egg omelette with veggies. I try to keep my breakfast around 350 calories or less.
  • One egg plus one egg white scrambled
    3 sliced turkey bacon
    1/2 cup cantalope
    1/4 cup 1% cottage cheese
  • Normally I have a cup of yogurt with oat bran in it
    2 hard-boiled eggs
    And grits! I love my grits!
  • My breakfast normally consist(s) of
    --Eggs
    --Oatmeal or Nutri-Grain Whole wheat waffles or Pancakes
    --Bacon
    --water, orange juice
  • Breakfast is something I should do more regularly. Most days it's just coffee. When I remember to have it, I have one Greek yogurt. Never been a big morning eater. I'd rather bank my calories for dinner.
  • I can eat a little or ton of oatmeal and still be hungry in a few hours I try to have a significant protein and veggie and limited sugar if I have breakfast, which keeps me going until 1:00 lunch
    Most often it's epic omelets or some kind of sausage with steamed broccoli. Breakfast is also my favourite meal of the day
  • I rotate different small breakfasts:

1 egg, over
    1 high-fiber english muffin

1/8 cup egg beaters
    1 slice american cheese
    1 high-fiber english muffin

1/4 cup egg beaters
    1 slice american cheese

Today I decided to mix it up and used some leftover ham, some tomato and some cheese to make an omelet! It was very yummy

1/4 cup egg beaters
    1 slice american cheese
    approx 1oz of ham
    two slices of tomato, cut up
  • Today I had a cup of broccoli with cheddar cheese and two scrambled eggs.

I always have some type of vegetable with fat (usually squash sauteed in olive oil with Parmesan cheese) and a small amount of fatty protein (two eggs, bacon).
  • Oatmeal. Every day. When I don't have class then I make it myself, and when I do have class I get then I get the one from McDonald's.
  • Sounds like you were really missing the protein today from not having your egg! Do you like them hardboiled? If you know that you won't have time to make your go to breakfast the next morning, you could always make some hardboiled eggs the night before so in the morning you can just eat it after peeling. You could also make a healthy egg salad with the left over eggs. I use reduced fat mayo or creamy salad dressing (just a tiny bit) and then add mustard and spices. You could have some on toast in the morning or in a little wrap mmm!
  • 2 eggs over easy and a biiig glass of water! That's it It keeps me full until 12:45 (Almost on the nose every day!)