Onederland for Summer 2012!

You're on Page 5 of 11
Go to
  • CaliforniaDreamer: your doing an amazing job! Keep it up!
    Jessica: welcome! You can do it! You have a lot of great reasons to lose the weight and I’m sure you will do great!
    Tricia: welcome and yes, treats are an important part to staying OP (also they are the most yummy part)
    Asalad: I used to be completely addicted to soda as well but now I have a regular soda maybe once every two weeks and a coke zero every other day or so…not ideal but definitely better than my previous 3 regular cokes a day! You can do it!
    Claire: Sorry to hear about your relationship, but proud of you for getting back at it! Keep it up! Only 19 lbs to go!!
    Smashley: never too late! We are all gonna get to our goal and I’m glad to have people still joining us!!
    Littlevictories: I know you can do this! Make a plan, stick with it, and the weight will come off!
  • ClaireBear92...sorry about the breakup. Way to have still lost something!

smashley52683 -- Welcome! Your goal sounds totally doable, and although exercise sucks at first, when I lost a bunch of weight before...it actually grew on me! There got to a point where I was looking forward to it.

littlevictories -- Cancun?!?!!? Woohoo! Totally a motivator to shed pounds! And your goal sounds totally feasible...wouldn't be surprised if you lost more

tavvy -- thanks! This is a great thread...I am totally motivated about being under 200 by this, even though I have so long to go, lol. Still, every time I check in here, I feel like it's just around the corner, lol. I guess because in the long run of things, what is a few more months?

TOM, but still down a few pounds, so yay! Ordered a protein shake offline, so hoping that will arrive soon and help me with my protein ratio and hopefully see more results! Otherwise doing good so far...
  • Late joiner and newbie here if that is ok.

I need to lose 20 give or take to hit 199.

I hope to see this by spring, but will be happy to see it by summer too.

I just started actively trying to lose on 1/5/12 and down 9.7 thus far.
  • Crawlil, welcome welcome!

OK ladies I have a question: I really love charts on other threads so I want to know if y'all are interested in having a chart here to show your goal, your goal date, your current loss and the amount you still need to lose?

If so please just say yes and I'll get it worked up! I do ask that if we are going to do a chart I will need everyone participating to check in at least once a week!

Thanks ladies!
  • I think a chart would be a great idea!! Something visual to keep it organized and also to help with accountability. I do a chart for our monthly budget and it keeps me more accountable for things. This would also help us newbs who don't have access to tickers and signatures just yet.
  • Hi Crawlil --welcome!

tavvy -- chart sounds good. I'll agree to check in at least weekly.
  • Chart sounds good! The extra visual will help motivate us all!!

Ive just decided I need to update my goal! I would like to go to onederland for my birthday, june 5th! ^_^ That'd be the best "trip" ever!! (or as long as Im onederland adjacent, id be happy as well.

I had a hard day to day. I was raining/thunderstorming/flooding when I woke up and everything in me wanted to stay in bed. But I got up & put my sneakers on. 1st mistake! My shoes were SOAKED by the time I made it down the block to the gym :/ .. but I figured I was going to get sweaty anyway so I shouldnt care. Ended up having a pretty good workout! Started C25k! Was the perfect pace for me And I met some potential workout buddies ^_^
  • Quote: Chart sounds good! The extra visual will help motivate us all!!

Ive just decided I need to update my goal! I would like to go to onederland for my birthday, june 5th! ^_^ That'd be the best "trip" ever!! (or as long as Im onederland adjacent, id be happy as well.

I had a hard day to day. I was raining/thunderstorming/flooding when I woke up and everything in me wanted to stay in bed. But I got up & put my sneakers on. 1st mistake! My shoes were SOAKED by the time I made it down the block to the gym :/ .. but I figured I was going to get sweaty anyway so I shouldnt care. Ended up having a pretty good workout! Started C25k! Was the perfect pace for me And I met some potential workout buddies ^_^
    Sounds like a great day overall. I work up to 7 inches of snow with about 3 inches of ice on top of that. I did stay in be most of the day I was scared to even check the mail lol
  • Hi everyone! Im in

I need to lose 50 pouds to get to Onderland. My weight as of today is 248.8. My summer goal is 199. MY DEADLINE IS JULY 14TH, 2012. I plan to achieve this through calorie counting, and walking for exercise. My motivation? Im 21 and I am limited by my weight. I cant do certain things without becoming winded and my body hurting , and im nowhere near as flexible as I want to be, and I really want to wear a bikini! Also, my best friend is getting married in march of next year, and I dont want to hate the way i look in the pictures when we look back at them. Good luck everyone
  • Quote: littlevictories -- Cancun?!?!!? Woohoo! Totally a motivator to shed pounds! And your goal sounds totally feasible...wouldn't be surprised if you lost more
    I don't know if I will lose more than that considering I will be traveling in Asia for 6 weeks starting end of February. I am almost certain I will not be losing any weight during that time. My goal is to just not gain any weight (which I have been able to do on some trips like Africa and South America).
  • Hey everyone, hope I can still join here!
    1. I've already lost some weight this year (down from 231), but I'm currently 25 lbs away from Onederland!
    2. My deadline is May 27th
    3. I'm calorie-counting (1,500 per day) on FitDay. I'm also doing a mix of workouts (I do bootcamp once every other week - too expensive to do more often! But I do a sit-ups/push-ups/jumping jacks/burpees workout 4x per week with my super-fit brother, and elliptical on my own a few times per week)
    4. I'm getting my master's degree, and May 27th is my graduation day. I would LOVE to be in Onederland by then to feel fully accomplished on that day. Also, I start a new job this summer, and would love to show up as the new and improved me!
  • Hi everyone! Count me in too! I'm new to 3FC & still trying to figure out which groups to join in here.

1. I need to lose 50 pounds to get into Onederland (giving 2 pounds slack & rounding out the number).
    2. My deadline is July 4th - Independence Day seemed appropriate & something else to celebrate.
    3. I'm doing a modified diet of smaller portions, less carbs, more lean protein, fruits & vegies. My exercise will be 6 days/week weight training & gardening/yard work that my place really needs.
    4. My motivations are getting in shape again, being healthier, fitting into smaller sized clothes & making my son & DIL proud of me.
  • alrighty ladies, well I'm gonna work up a chart and post it either tonight or tomorrow night (in tavvy language that probably means tomorrow or tuesday...lol) But it will surely be done and I will post it. If you haven't posted in the last 7 days I will not include you in the chart, but will add you as soon as you reappear We are all gonna do this thing!!
  • Oh, I would love to get in on this. In fact I graduate in May, so I'm really hoping for Onderland. I've already started (from 235 to 225) so I'm on the way at least.
    I'm new to 3FC so sorry for my late post!
    Okay, so:
    1. To get just over Onederland (190) I need to lose 35lbs currently. I'd be happier if I could make just over my halfway mark (188) so I would love to shoot for a 40lb loss. I'd like to get further down the rabbit hole.
    2. My graduation is May 13th (Mother's Day!), so that is my final deadline.
    3. Continuing to keep track of what I eat and exercising more is the main idea. Hoping to get to Target in the next week or two to get some dumbbells (I live on a college campus so getting off campus with work and school can be difficult).
    4. What motivates me? Being a healthy weight, feeling more comfortable in my own skin, and knowing I'm coming to that point in my life where I'll be going to tons of weddings. I want to take charge of my body again.
  • Look at me being all timely and whatnot! Here is the chart...I know it isn't beautiful but it's the first chart I've ever done on here so I wasn't sure how to do it! I'm sure I'll get it figured out soon! Hope you lovely ladies are doing well!!

Welcome LuciMarie!!

Name-----------Goal---Deadline--------Lost---Remaining
    Tavvy----------- 72----July 1st-----------12--- 60
    Jessicado------- 66---- June 1st----------------66
    Tricia Fierce-----44----May 13th---------------44
    ASalad-----------75----August 1st-------------75
    ClaireBear92----25----February 21st----6----19
    Smashley52683-53----July 1st-----------------53
    Little Victories---20----June 1st----------------20
    Crawlil-----------20----Spring/Summer------- 20
    Musicalme223---50----July 14th---------------50
    ILRPinkGirl ------25----May 27th---------------25