My Fitness Pal carb question.

• I posted this in the weight loss support group and its gotten a ton of views but no replies. When you see the nutrient breakdown is the fiber already subtracted from the carbs? I'm trying to get a better understanding of all my nutrients. Thanks.
  • carb count
    I am following a low carb plan and here in the U.S. The fiber count is not part of the total carb count. You can subtract the fiber grams from the carb count. In other countries it is already factored in as part of the carb count.
  • carb count
    I am following a low carb plan and here in the U.S. The fiber count is not part of the total carb count. You can subtract the fiber grams from the carb count. In European countries it is already factored in as part of the carb count. I believe it would read as effective carbs on their labels. Australia and South Africa also uses this same system according to my friends who live there.
  • No, the fiber is not subtracted yet. There is a way to put the fiber count on your list of nutrients to track, though. I can't remember how, but I know I did it. Sorry I'm not more help. I stopped tracking a long time ago.
  • Nope, they don't subtract it.