Water Weight with your monthly cycle

• If you gain water weight with your monthly cycle, when does it come and when does it go away?

I'll spare you the long whiny story that goes along with this question.

Thanks!
  • For me any water retention happens during the latter part of the week (2-3 days) before my cycle starts. It normally comes off during TOM which can be attributed, in my case, to increased *ahem* bowel movements LOL
  • I get a pound and a half about five days before my cycle hits. And another pound and a half around CD1 (possibly a day before, possibly a day after). And about three pounds for ovulation. The weight tends to stick around for 4-6 days, then come off and I go back to weight loss as normal.

I mark my graphs with when I ovulate and start my cycle, so that I can look at them and say "See, it happens every time!"
  • Either the day before TOM shows up or the day of, I gain about 2lbs or so. If I don't gain any then that's normally an amazing sign. It usually goes away right be the end of TOM (or maybe one day beforehand). Then I tend to stagnate until after I'm done ovulating (although I've sometimes had loses in between TOM and ovulation ).
  • I want to hear the long whiny story!

I start gaining 4-5 days before and it doesn't go down fully until about a week later. It is really pointless for me to weight at all during this time period - even though I know it happens, it still magically effects my mood and makes me a debbie downer.
  • My biggest weight gain due to fluid retention happens at ovulation time. I tend to gain 4-5 pounds and hold it for at least a week. Fingers like sausages, heavy feeling... Sucks every time. I only gain maybe 1-2 for the start of my cycle, and it only sticks around for a few days.
  • I gain 1-2lbs the day before my time is due to come and start feeling my stomach get all bloaty and distended feeling. On the first day I gain another 2-3lbs and this last till about the 3rd day and then slowly starts coming off bit by tiny little bit. It probably takes a good week to get off completely. I know it happens every month but I am always shocked and discouraged by the numbers on the scale. I also tend to feel heavy and sluggish and just not good!

Dealing with this now in fact and I HATE it.
  • I gain 2-4 pounds a day before TTOM and it starts to come off about day 3 of TTOM. I then start to gain 2 days before ovulation 3-5 lbs and then for 10 days I'll drop most of the weight for the month during that time. Anywhere from 7-10 pounds depending on how good I've been with food and exercise.