I am having issues.... what is my problem??

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Quote: Thanks Rainbowmom for the tips !
    Had a moment this morning... I have maintained - not lost But I guess I deserve that....

Does anyone use the ketosis sticks? Where do you buy them and how much do they cost?
    I have Ketostix, they are about $8. I bought them at Walmart. I use them once a day-not sure why, I haven't had anything I am not supposed to. My levels sit between a trace and small amount of Ketones.
  • I use the ketostix every morning. My coach said it's a good way to monitor if your in Ketosis (then you're burning fat). I'm always in the mid range and so far my weight loss has been steady....
  • I am wondering if it is just me or are any of you experiencing very slow loss. I have been on IP for 6 weeks now and it seems as though my losses have only been 1.2 - 1.8 pounds a week the last few weeks. Any suggestions?
  • Quote: I weighed in last Wednesday, but since then.... I want to EAT - I am not looking for huge meals, just picky food (crackers, had some popcorn)- which I am sure is adding UP!. I got on the scale this morning, though I am down - not sure when it will catch up with me. I don't want to weigh in this week, and I have enough food to carry me over till the next weigh in. I am going to get on the bike this week and work it! I am fine while at work, but when I am home I am so tempted. I drink all my water and then some.

Any advise.... Thanks!
    Are you a salty or sweet person? For me... I love salty and crunchy so my go to veggies are Kale Chips (and roasted broccoli because I can get them crisp) and that satisfies my cravings. On the other hand I love a good bacon, cheeseburger from Wendy's and I can't even come close to replicating that on IP so I stay away from hamburgers because they don't satisfy me at all, and it actually made me mad when I ate a hamburger with pickles, onions, tomatoe, lettuce and mustard, because it wasn't what I wanted...

So, maybe just play around and really get into a routine of eating IP qualified foods that you enjoy. I hope this made sense...
  • I suggest getting a kitten, because one just adopted us. Then, when you feel the urge to snack, go clean out the litter box. Yuck! If that's not an option, go try on clothes that are in your closet. Seeing how much you can't wear because it's too big is a big motivator. Also, having a pair of goal jeans almost fit might keep you from snacking. I always had a cup of coffee. I would drink the coffee and the water to make up for it and then I would be so full that it would carry me on until it was time to eat again. Good luck!
  • Quote: I weighed in last Wednesday, but since then.... I want to EAT - I am not looking for huge meals, just picky food (crackers, had some popcorn)- which I am sure is adding UP!. I got on the scale this morning, though I am down - not sure when it will catch up with me. I don't want to weigh in this week, and I have enough food to carry me over till the next weigh in. I am going to get on the bike this week and work it! I am fine while at work, but when I am home I am so tempted. I drink all my water and then some.

Any advise.... Thanks!
    I find when I get "snacky" I make Rutabaga fries with cajun spice on them. They are quite delicious and I dont feel like it is diet food. Always acts as an instant cure for me.
  • Quote: I find when I get "snacky" I make Rutabaga fries with cajun spice on them. They are quite delicious and I dont feel like it is diet food. Always acts as an instant cure for me.
    Great idea! I love rutabaga fries too!!! Problem is I can't get them crunchy..I've tried boiling them first, cutting them into all different thicknesses...any suggestions?
  • Quote: Great idea! I love rutabaga fries too!!! Problem is I can't get them crunchy..I've tried boiling them first, cutting them into all different thicknesses...any suggestions?
    That is an issue, but I cut them into potato chip type slices (large round) and quite thin. Then spray olive oil and back at 400F. Have to be careful that they do not burn but I find they get a bit more crunchy this way than as a french fry.
    I also have low cal HAM always on hand and if I get hungry I grab a slice of that. If you are gonna snack I have found that extra protein really does not negatively effect the weight loss.

Good luck!