3 months work - 136lb to 121lb

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I joined the ChristmasChallenge thread back in October. At that time i'd just come back from a cycling trip in cambodia and felt fit (see 'before pics') but was horrified to see the photos when i got back from holiday as i didn't realise how much weight i'd put on during the year! It really is amazing how you can mis-see yourself in the mirror, but see yourself properly in a photo.

Now i'm still similar fitness, but have lost 15lb and a couple of dress sizes.

This is me at maintenance now. I did dip to my 'goal' weight of 119 a week or so ago but have put on a couple of lbs when i took these 'after' pics this morning. My goal for 2012 and new years resolution and lifetime resolution (!!) is to stay in the 119-126 range.

Doesn't sound much of a lost to everyone else on here!!! But i feel a lot different now and am much happier with my shape, which (being shallow!) means i'm a lot happier with myself in general.

Thanks heaps to 3FC and everyone here. What a great place!

before1.jpgbefore2.jpgafter1.jpgafter2.jpg

• You look soooo good!
  • Great photos - you look brill!!
  • You may not think it's a ton of pounds, but I see a world of difference! You look amazing! Glad to have shared your journey with you on the Christmas Challenge Thread! Good luck in maintenance, I know you will rock it!
  • On us short folks (and when you don't have a whole lot to lose), the weight loss shows up more 'see-able', imo. I know for me that losing less than 10 lbs. usually means going down one full size.

Congrats on reaching your goal. You look fantastic! Oh and I think it's great that you have a maintenance 'range' rather than a set 'number'.
  • Super AWESOME! Look at that TIGHT TUMMY!
  • thanks for pretending to notice the difference lol - just had my end of challenge measure-in too, and i've only lost 2" off everywhere, which is really not much and i guess i was hoping for more!

Weird how such a small amount feels so different. I'll take the feeling over the measurements though!
  • You look great... i love that sink too...
  • 15 lbs is 15 lbs. If you're not happy with what you see it's still a lot of weight. I have 15lbs to go and I hope to look like you Great job, you look awesome!!
  • WOW! You're shape is awesome!!

What work outs were you using?
  • Quote: 15 lbs is 15 lbs. If you're not happy with what you see it's still a lot of weight. I have 15lbs to go and I hope to look like you Great job, you look awesome!!
    i am happy, but was just laughing at the fact that it's still only 2 inches so why would anyone else see a difference!

thanks luciddepths - i don't do any recognised programs, but i run regularly, and cycle and do Pump class (weights), and trekking and other aerobics classes, and pushups and abs exercises if i can remember. I reckon the running is the best for butt shaping, but 95% of looking better for me is diet, not exercise (because i always did the exercise anyway).
  • very cool, well girl you look amazing! and it LOOKS like you work it off in the gym :P
  • Great Job! You look so healthy and fit!
  • you look so amazing!!! wow i hope to have such a small waist when i lose the last 15 lbs too!! congratulations--this is very motivating!
  • That's amazing! And so inspiring. I am facing about the same thing! Congrats Hope to be posting the same in 3 months. Hihi.