IP Daily Chat Friday 12/9/11

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • Quote: sherylynn- 0.5 down is still a loss, and that's weight that's not coming back! Keep following the protocol and you WILL have success! Take it one day at a time.
    Thanks - needed that - one day at a time! I need that tatooed on my wall - or maybe my darn forehead.

Quote: I've just had my weekly weigh-in, down another 3 lbs, making for a total of exactly 25 pounds in exactly two months. I'm now 4 lbs from my initial goal, and am considering dropping it another 5 lbs. .
    AMAZING is the word of the day - so manyy amazing WIs. Congrats!
  • Quote: Thanks - needed that - one day at a time! I need that tatooed on my wall - or maybe my darn forehead.
    Sherylynn, it does help to do it one day at a time if not one meal at a time. I had a couple major binge twinges the last couple of weeks, but thankfully I stayed OP. When those come about, I'll chug a bunch of water, or make some ginger tea, put on some music, say a prayer....whatever it takes to ignore it until it passes. In all honesty, they only happen for a few minutes at a time, so its just a matter of waiting it out. My long term goal is too much for me to fathom, so I set achievable mini goals. It helps me stay focused, which in turn boosts my resolve and pride. Hang in there. You're worth more than that moment spent with unhealthy food.
  • Quote: My counselor sent out an ingredients summary list from March of this year. The protein from the products is derived from soy, whey, whole milk, albumin, or collagen. You can't tell if the albumin is from bovine or other protein or is from eggs. However, the majority of the products are derived from soy or whey. Note that ingredients can change and this list is dated.

I attached it as a pdf (hopefully). Hope this helps.
    Great list. This program won't work well for a vegan due to the dairy protein in items...
  • Quote: Hi ladies and gents,

Good Morning from Canada! Thought I would pop on and say hi and see how everyone is doing.
    Ive been on IP for just 9 days now happy to say that at my first WI this week I was already down 2 pounds, its not a huge number but its a loss anyhow.

I have my first challenging day coming up tomorrow, christmas get together with my boyfriends family. Really hoping I can resist the temptations that will be all around and stick with the plan. Wish me luck lol.

Well I hope everyone is having a fantastic day, better get back to work

Make it a great day!
    Jennifer

I know what u mean I had the same worries about thanksgiving but, everything went fine . You can do it
  • Quote: Hi everyone, I'm just starting my fifth week, and my period is just around the corner...I can't stop thinking of food. I'm counting down until my next meal... Does anyone else get "hungrier" during their period time??? (I'm not going to cheat but seriously, I can't wait for dinner!!!) And I usually don't think about food at all...

I have the same problem. I am contantly hungery during that week. Like you said I am not going to cheat but, why does that happen ?
    At least I am not alone
  • Quote: BooHoo - I had my WI this morning and was only down .5!
    I'm a bit disappointed but then came home and had my bm (sorry for TMI). Hopefully that was it. At least inches came off!

I get nervous because this is the typical part of a "diet" where I stop seeing results and then lose momentum and quit. The next 2-3 weeks are going to be the hardest of the year. I have dinner plans next Thurs., Fri., Sat AND Sun. While I looove seeing friends and family, it is hard to eat clean at a restaurant EVEN IF the restaurant tries.

I realized last week after I went to a dinner party that I should have had my last IP BEFORE I went. I did eat OP but dinner was very late and I could only have a couple of the items.

When I eat out, I typically try to keep it simple, a grilled or broiled meat or fish, salad, and a veggie like asparagus or broccoli. Oh, and while everyone is drinking alcohol, I usually order a sparkling water to be festive and drink tons of it.

Any other suggestions for going out?
    It sounds like you have the eating out situation under control. We eat out a lot and I always order a steak, chicken (take off the skin) or salmon with a steamed vegetable. I tell them no butter on anything and I just have a glass of water with some lemon in it. I've had so many events (one lasted 4 days) happen since I started this plan in mid September, but I always plan ahead if I think there won't be anything for me to eat. I even went so far as to bring my own food to a Halloween party we were invited to. Friends are very supportive and never really question what I'm doing for the most part. Hang in there over the holidays - they will be over soon.
  • Quote: It sounds like you have the eating out situation under control. We eat out a lot and I always order a steak, chicken (take off the skin) or salmon with a steamed vegetable. I tell them no butter on anything and I just have a glass of water with some lemon in it. I've had so many events (one lasted 4 days) happen since I started this plan in mid September, but I always plan ahead if I think there won't be anything for me to eat. I even went so far as to bring my own food to a Halloween party we were invited to. Friends are very supportive and never really question what I'm doing for the most part. Hang in there over the holidays - they will be over soon.
    Great advice! Thanks! I haven't had much experience with eating out, except one Christmas party. I did okay in sticking with chicken & steamed veggies. The chicken had breading on it which was tough to peel off, but I did my best & just had a few bites. I drank lots of water and enjoyed a cup of coffee while the others ate their dessert.
  • it gets better
    Quote: Good Morning and Happy Friday!

I'm on day 3 of IP and feel pretty good. I notice I'm quite hungry first thing in the morning and between lunch and dinner. My coach has me taking 4 IP packets the first week only (the extra packet between breakfast and lunch -which I need). It's actually real hunger though, not just eating because it's time, which is nice.

Today I'm holiday shopping with my 18 yr old son so I'll pack my lunch and bring water. So far so good!

PS To Wuv.....I liked that post about your date. Congrats! You seem like such a caring person, (and you look amazing) I'm sure more dates are in your future!

xx Pam
    Hang in there Pam, by day 5-6 you will not be nearly as hungry and by day 7 you can forget to eat. I am on day 9 (5.5pounds off first week) and I am finding it way easier!
  • Congrats to everyone on their weight losses this week. Mine was only 1 lb. I was hoping for more but did weigh in 2 days early!