jello

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hi everyone,
    Anyone have any ideas for using the rasp. jello for a possible drink?
  • Do you not like them as jello? I've heard some people add some flavorings to them, or even layer them with a pudding to make several smaller 'snacks' to eat throughout the day. Have you checked out FinnSteven's posts?

I have heard of people trying to have them like a drink, but IIRC they get all lumpy and the texture is off. Unless maybe you could mix it with shaved ice or something I think the gelatin would set and it would be at least a little lumpy.

They were always my favorite IP food in the evenings. I miss them now that I'm on alternatives, even though I did find a pretty good substitute.
  • Quote: Do you not like them as jello? I've heard some people add some flavorings to them, or even layer them with a pudding to make several smaller 'snacks' to eat throughout the day. Have you checked out FinnSteven's posts?

I have heard of people trying to have them like a drink, but IIRC they get all lumpy and the texture is off. Unless maybe you could mix it with shaved ice or something I think the gelatin would set and it would be at least a little lumpy.

They were always my favorite IP food in the evenings. I miss them now that I'm on alternatives, even though I did find a pretty good substitute.
    hello there,

Can you please tell me what is the substitute you found? Cause I did not find any jello as an alternative except the ones having aspartame in them.

Thanks for letting me know
  • Sure, they're the Pure Protein ones from Nausha Nutrition. Here's the link http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store...in-3-pack.html

I bought the Cherry ones and they're alright, but maybe a bit chemically? Not nearly as good as the IP ones, but it will be a good substitute, especially once I get myself back in ketosis and my tastebuds start to change again.
  • Thank you very much
  • Jello Question
    Hi. My coach said jello is a must every other day for the collagen. Has anyone heard a reason to NOT have it every day?
  • I usually make the jello and freeze it than its like sorbet to eat and lasts longer.
  • Quote: Hi. My coach said jello is a must every other day for the collagen. Has anyone heard a reason to NOT have it every day?
    My coach said the same thing. I'm sure you could have it everyday if you wanted, but at least every other day.
  • Hmmm, my coach never said anything about the jello for the collagen. Once I get back from vacation I am going to change my IP choices and add the jello as my before and after exercise packet.
  • There is also a drink which has collagen
  • Quote: Hi. My coach said jello is a must every other day for the collagen. Has anyone heard a reason to NOT have it every day?
    Yes. A very GOOD reason. The packet doesn't contain the 9 essential amino acids. I was told to use it very occasionally. BUT. You can get all the collagen you want from one or more Knox envelopes. Just make your own stevia-sweetened and flavored jello with Da Vinci, Mio, or whatever. One packet has 25 calories and FIVE grams of protein. No carbs, no colesterol, etc.
  • Thanks everyone! Appreciate the replies.
  • My coach tonight told me that the jello and blueberry cran drink should be used no more than twice a week because of the lack of amino acids -they're fine to use more if you're using one as a fourth packet for the day.
  • Quote: My coach tonight told me that the jello and blueberry cran drink should be used no more than twice a week because of the lack of amino acids -they're fine to use more if you're using one as a fourth packet for the day.
    Thanks. I have been using it as my snack at night. Dont like a heavier snack in the evening.
  • Hmm... I hate all jello, so I have been using the blueberry drink every other day. My handout says nothing about restricting it to twice a week, and encourages using either the jello or blueberry drink every other day. Funny how things differ...