What have been some unexpected benefits of your smaller self?

• I love making clothes and have been sewing since I was a kid. Over the weekend I was working on a design idea for a new coat and when I went to calculate out the amount of fabric I need it dawned on me...it's become A LOT cheaper to make clothes now that there's less of me to cover

So I was wondering...what have been some of the unexpected benefits of your weight loss?
  • TMI alert!!!

--- My toes don't go slightly blue and numb when I sit on the toilet anymore. My sheer body weight isn't cutting off it's own circulation!
  • I'm not so winded when participating in activities. So not too unusual or such a surprise I suppose. But it's nice to be able to climb stairs and run around town without feeling "winded".
  • Suddenly, I really like to move. I now love to go to live shows at clubs and dance the evening away. 110 pounds ago I don't think I would have been comfortable standing for the duration of a show (opening act and headliner), much less dancing. I did not expect this.

I also can just stand for a whole lot longer than I used to, which has led to some other unexpected benefits. I have always loved to cook and I made cooking a centerpiece of my plan because of that - but now I have the energy to do even more of it because I don't get tired standing at the counter and the stove. I used to have to sit down during lengthy tasks like chopping vegetables, or at least sit down and rest in between tasks. Recently, though, I noticed that I don't have to do that anymore - I can just stand and work in the kitchen for hours, which means I can make more complicated dishes and juggle the cooking of more dishes at once. It's a lot of fun.
  • Thought of another one. I can wear 2.5" and higher heels without hurting!
  • A couple of things have popped up that I didn't expect. I can wear heels without my feet hurting so bad I want to cry! That's a big plus since I have several pairs of boot/heels that I love. I also generally just feel lighter on my feet now, running is so much easier now that I am not carrying that extra 40lbs.