weightloss re-affirmation

• hey guys, good morning/afternoon/mid day? depends on which coast you're hanging out in lol

ANYWAYS, i was leisurely browsing the health section of my local newspaper here the toronto star, and found this little tid bit.

it's an american study, and i totally agree.

input?

http://www.healthzone.ca/health/diet...-true-or-false
  • Sounds about right. Planned snacks (specifically fruit+protein) have helped me a lot in terms of eating less at meals. I'm also more active than most of my friends (regardless of weight).

But, shoot, it said maintainers ate on average 1800 calories/day and normal-overweight ate on average 1900-2000. That's only 200 calories less a day, not as bad as I always thought it might be.
  • I agree. My husband does this all the time. He'll be like, "I haven't eaten at all today but you have."
  • Interesting! I eat very regular meals and am the most normal weight of my friends. The over weight ones will often say "oh I haven't eat all day" as if that somehow will make the giant bowl of cheesy pasta have fewer calories.
  • "More than 60 per cent of U.S. residents are obese or overweight"
    This is very scary!
  • I totally agree. When I look back on my heavier days, I wasn't really eating a lot, it was more the choices of food I was making that were the problem.
  • What I found significant is that large difference in physical activity. I wonder how much impact it would have if the overweight group tripled their physical activity. With the "normal weight" group averaging at 2000 calories/week, the maintainers at 3000/week and the overweight and obese group at only 800/week, I think activity is more correlated with weight than a difference in eating style.
  • This is the exactly the issue my mother and I have.