Lonely and Discouraged

• I don't know what to do. I feel so discouraged. I do everything-I put up calendars, read encouraging messages but just CANNOT control myself. I work out and trying drinking lots of water. I take vitamins and go to a therapist. I try just a week challenge of not binging and fail. I'm exhausted. I am going to the doctor's today and don't want to be weighed....i've gained something like 20 lbs. in 2 1/2 months. That is a problem.

I am going to see my friends at christmas and don't want them to be like "what happened?"

i'm scared, lonely, and frustrated.

help.
  • What can I do to help... Do you need a diet buddy?
  • You aren't alone here for sure, but I don't know how to give you help. I think reading all the stories on here you can tell the changes have come within. And each of us has gone about that a little differently.

What may help you is reading that people have found those changes within them which means they are within you too - you just have to figure out what works for you.

Is the therapist helping? That is great you are working with one because it will help you get to a better place of figuring what YOU need.

The challenges are great motivators for some people and probably not for others. Perhaps a week is too big for you at first? You need to celebrate the day to day?

It is good you are going to the doctor today. Being weighed can stink, but if there is health problems that need to be addressed that is a great place to start.

Hang in there. You can do this you just haven't found what works for you yet and that is OK. That is part of the process.
  • Hey,

First of all: You are not alone in this. So out of the window with the loneliness. I know EXACTLY how you feel and I'm sure a great deal of the ladies here on the forum will also know what you are going through at the moment.

But think of this. This is YOUR life. You may not feel like it but this is completely in your hands. Do you decide today that you are going to choose for taking 100% responsibility for yourself or will you let this chance go.

I know you want this, we all do. But choose to take care of yourself right now sweetheart. Cheer up, now is the time to make yourself happy.

If you need a diet buddy, or just a chat, I'm here for you
  • thanks everyone. I know I am down now but I need to try to become positive and keep trying.

what exactly is a diet buddy? how does that work?

maybe that would help. all of my friends here don't know what I'm going through/understand.
  • Exactly. You know, a big deal of losing weight is changing your mindset, so yes, try to see the good things: you're taking control of your life, of your own happiness!

A diet buddy is someone who is trying to lose weight as well, with whom you can talk you things through, someone with whom you can discuss your diet related problems, but also successes, basically someone who is there to support you. cause most of the time that's really what you need: someone who know what you're going through and who will be there to have your back.
  • Girl, I'm right there with you. Honestly it sounds like my daily life. You are not alone in this. Try taking it literally one meal at a time...I find a week is even too hard for me. I am on day 3 of being binge free and truly this is the longest I've ever gone...and I still overate last night, BUT I still tracked it and then stopped just as I had planned. My binges consist of multiple double cheeseburgers from fast food, chips, muffins, cookies, and on and on, but last night I just overate a subway veggie sub, so I'm not counting that as a true binge. Have you thought about making a binge free bracelet? Add a bead everyday in a row you don't binge. I'm here for support. Take charge of your today and make it wonderful. You can do it. We are in this together. We are worth it!
  • Morning! I love the binge free bracelet and I love your advice about meal to meal. Well done on day 3 and more importantly stopping as you planned. Sometimes that is probably the more powerful part.
  • thanks
    I just wanted to let you all know that because of you I made good choices this morning and started off my day right. You have inspired me to keep trying and to not give it. It feels good. Although I still ate a bit too much-it wasn't bad foods and it is fuel for the big study day ahead.

If anyone would like to be diet buddies with me-I would love to. I think that would really help.

Just taking it one day, one meal, one bit at a time. Have a happy and healthy day everyone!
  • Reading that put a smile on my face I'm glad we can inspire you to make the right choices and not to give in!

I'd like to be your diet buddy I have no idea how to inbox you my email address though :/
  • hmm, does anyone know how to use the inbox tool on this website?
    I'm new to this and have no idea how...
  • If you look to the left, under my name, you see this little messenger icon. Click it and you will see my e-mail address There! I'm almost never on MSN but if you want we can talk on there?