Made my first mini-goal today!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I'm down 51 lbs. in 8 weeks! My total loss goal is 175 lbs. That such a big number that I set 50, 100, and 150 as mini-goals. Feels pretty good to make that first one. According to my spreadsheet I'll reach my goal of 240 by end of March. (Can you tell I'm into the numbers?)
  • Woo hoo, congrats!!! What a great feeling, good job.
  • Quote: I'm down 51 lbs. in 8 weeks! My total loss goal is 175 lbs. That such a big number that I set 50, 100, and 150 as mini-goals. Feels pretty good to make that first one. According to my spreadsheet I'll reach my goal of 240 by end of March. (Can you tell I'm into the numbers?)
    Super! (Or in German, zoupa.)
  • Awesome!!!....That is what I did, set my goals at 50, 100 and goal (first one)...haha...You are doing great!!!
  • Quote: I'm down 51 lbs. in 8 weeks! My total loss goal is 175 lbs. That such a big number that I set 50, 100, and 150 as mini-goals. Feels pretty good to make that first one. According to my spreadsheet I'll reach my goal of 240 by end of March. (Can you tell I'm into the numbers?)
    Amazing, great job!
  • Wow! You are doing awesome! Keep it up! So happy for you. I look forward to following your success.
    Congratulations - That isn't a mini goal my love, that is a major goal!!! Hitting those milestones is awesome, i just hit 50 myself last week, they keep you even more motivated!!
  • Congrats to you, keep it up!
  • You are ROCKIN THIS IP THING!!!! Awesome job!!! I love love love this! Celebrating in each others success is what it is all about!!
  • Congratulations! That's great. My husband was really into the numbers when I was doing this the first time through. He had a spreadsheet to calculate the changes in my percent body fat and everything. I'm trying not to let him play with my numbers too much this time (so far).

Keep up the good work!
  • Congrats! Keep it up! you will be there in NO time! )
  • Thanks everybody! It does feel good. Looking back 8 weeks doesn't seem that long.
    I working on making my spreadsheet user friendly. I'll post it here in case anyone might find it useful.
  • Congrats on reaching your mini goal!

That's a great idea! I'll have to start settting mini goals for myself.
  • Made my 2nd mini goal today!
    Thought I would revive my original thread rather than post a new one. On Nov 10 I posted that I had lost 50 lbs. Well today I hit 100!. On my scale at least. My W.I. is on Thursday to make it "official" but I'm confident that I'll be there on his scale too. Last time I was at this weight was 5 years ago. I was coming off chemo treatments and working out. Got down to 315 and then quit paying attention to my weight. Prior to that I think it's been 10 years or so. Yesterday my 13 year old daughter noticed that she could wrap her arms around me all the way and touch hands. She's never been able to do that. I was too big and she was too small. Yes, it's been a good weekend.

This 2nd 50 has taken a bit longer than the first but I've been doing kind of a phase 1.5. Eating fine but just a bit over phase 1 on calories and protein. It's my way of retraining myself and my eating habits. So my loss per week is down a bit but I think it's more sustainable for me.

For those getting started and reading this and have a lot to lose, I hope it's encouraging. I know it's hard. When I started IP the thought of losing 100 lbs seemed so far away and my goal of 200 seemed utterly ridiculous. Now I'm 1/2 way there. I know I will make it and that it will be worth it.
  • Way To Go!!!