New here but not to PCOS-have ? about doing WW and low carb (daughter mentioned)

• Hi, my name is Laura and I was dxed with PCOS in August 2000. I was then put on 1500 of Metformin. My periods were returned and I started Clomid and eventually had my daughter.

We are trying to conceive again, but before going that route, I went on weight watchers and was able to lose around 60lbs. I just met with my reproductive endocrinologist and he said that I needed to do both WW and Atkins at the same time. I have found that this can be dangererous (esp. doing Atkins when ttc).

I want to keep doing the WW as it has been successful. However, I guess I need to cut down on my carbs per day. I am having regular AF and I am ovulating on my own but late. Any ideas how to do low carb but WW at the same time?

Thanks for any help that you can give. I really appreciate it!

Yours,
    Laura
  • Hi Laura
    Im really not sure, but I suggest you post this question in the Low Carb forum there are alot of ladies over there that may be able to help you. You may even want to try the weightwatchers forum here as well.

Good Luck to you
  • Laura,

Absolutely, it can be done. I've been on WW since 1/02 and have lost 60 lbs. I watch my carbs and eat more protein but I also eat my fruits and veggies....Another site that I chat on is Bootcamp Buddies through ***************.net. It is all about WW and buddies who are on WW. They have different forums also. But their is a way of doing low carb on WW...It's all about choices!