starting over

• got to make big changes, starting atkins in am, any advice is appreciated
  • Quote: got to make big changes, starting atkins in am, any advice is appreciated
    My advice is, read the book before attempting to do the plan. This will give you a clear understanding of how & why Atkins works.
    Follow the plan to the letter...no shakes or bars (yeah, I know the "new" book says they're ok...but...Dr. Atkins didn't write the "new" book ). Drink plenty of water & get minimal exercise.
    You CAN do this!!!
    All the best to you!
  • Hold your resolve for the first 4 days. It is truly the hardest part. Then I get a huge boost of energy and lose the wicked cravings and hunger. I also like to use ketostix to confirm I'm doing it right and for positive feedback.
  • Quote: Hold your resolve for the first 4 days.
    Yup...this will be the rough spot where you'll feel horrible...at least I did. Remember, that horrible feeling means it's working...lol. Once past this point, it gets easy...
  • Everyone reacts differently. I didn't feel "horrible" and those blasted Ketostix never worked for me! Go figure
  • My best tip: Keep some things on hand with a few plans for quick recipes. It has to be easy to go home and cook after a long, hard day or you are setting yourself up for a drive thru.

I don't intentionally tell people I'm eating low carb. I don't want the criticism chipping at my self confidence.

Don't expect perfect. That powerful resolve when you start a diet will ebb eventually, that's the failure point. That's the time to forgive imperfection and be as good as you can otherwise.