Supplements with IP - any alternatives?

• Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anybody uses an alternative for the Natura products

Cal-Mag
    Potassium Calcium
    Multi-Vita
    Omega
    Enzymes

If so, what specific products should I get and where do I find them? Thanks for your help. I'm running low on most and want to try and save some $$$
  • Quote: Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anybody uses an alternative for the Natura products

Cal-Mag
    Potassium Calcium
    Multi-Vita
    Omega
    Enzymes

If so, what specific products should I get and where do I find them? Thanks for your help. I'm running low on most and want to try and save some $$$
    I got all of mine except the Cal-Mag at Puritans pride online. Although I wish Id known to get a higher dose of Potassium Calcium, as the IP version is 800mg and mine is only 200mg, (so more pills to swallow to make up the difference). As for the Cal-Mag, I did not find the exact thing, but a very good substitute at my local GNC. Hope that helps!
    Oh, and I got my whole order from Puritans Pride, which included two bottles of each, for about the same price as ONE of the IP suppliments.
    Best of luck!
  • My wife and I buy from PP also. In place of the IP multi-vita we get the PP High Potency for Women or Men. We also get the Calcium Magnesium with Vitamin D in place of the IP Cal Mag.

I did some reading and the Potassium Bicarbonate we take is different than just potassium. Best price I could find for a sufficient dose was from Life Enhancements.

I did the math for the IP supplements. Our clinic charges $27 per bottle. Calculated by dosage we'd pay .95¢ per day. Getting the same doses from the above sites we're at .40¢ per day. We pay more up front but get 6 or 7 month's worth. Which should get us to goal weight by the weigh! (pun intended )
  • Do you think the Kirkland brand (costco) of Omega-3 Fish Oil will be fine to use? I also heard something about Ultimate Omega that Vitamin Shoppe has. Anybody use either of these?
  • Quote: Do you think the Kirkland brand (costco) of Omega-3 Fish Oil will be fine to use? I also heard something about Ultimate Omega that Vitamin Shoppe has. Anybody use either of these?
    I got a big bottle from Sam's of the Omega 3,6,9...it has 325 capsules for $16
  • OK great. Thank you! I think I will head over there this afternoon and see what other supplements I can get. Do you take the enzymes too? Is it necessary?
  • Quote: OK great. Thank you! I think I will head over there this afternoon and see what other supplements I can get. Do you take the enzymes too? Is it necessary?
    I do not take enzymes, I take the Centurm for women for my multi-vitamin.
  • Just started out on IP and Its good to know that THERE MIGHT BE ALTERNATIVES OUT THERE ***Today I Had My 1st Wi And I Am Really Proud Of Myself I Lost 6.7pounds And I Felt So Good About It I Know I Can Do This Only The 1st Few Days Were Really Hard But With The Feeling I Had When My Coach Told Me That I Lost Weight *i Know I Can Do This* Good Luck To All
  • I take the Women's 1 a day multivitamin, the Spring Valley Calcium, Magnesium Zinc combo and the Spring Valley Potassium. I get everything from Walmart.

It's important to look at the elemental mgs needed for the protocol. Example: My potassium is only 99mg of elemental for each pill; however, on the IP protocol sheet the 800mg pill is not elemental. IP protocol is 332 mg of elemental potassium. Between my potassium supplement and my multivitamin, I achieve that.

I also recently started taking 5000mcg of biotin. This is just a Target generic. This is to help prevent hair loss, increase circulation and I've heard it can help with acne...which I struggle with.

As always, make sure you check the labels when supplementing with something non-IP. IP is a very strick protocol and you want to make sure you are meeting the protocol needs.