IP Daily Chat Wednesday 10/26/11

You're on Page 4 of 5
Go to
  • Quote: HAHAHA.....but doesn't it make sense not to use ONLY when you lose weight?
    It does! You could gain or stay the same so any loss is reason to celebrate. I know it's hard to realize that when you always want big numbers. Been there, done that!
  • Wuv, my coach has to measure my left leg too because of the arthritis in my left(OOPs, meant right) knee. Today I gained in my ankle so I am sure it is the arthritis acting up.
    congrats on your loss.

I also lost 1 pound and am now in the 150's officially!
  • Quote: I knew you were going to get after her Lisa. Everytime I read "only" I think of you.
    Same here as soon as I read that I though of wuv
  • Quote: Wuv, my coach has to measure my left leg too because of the arthritis in my left knee. Today I gained in my ankle so I am sure it is the arthritis acting up.
    congrats on your loss.

I also lost 1 pound and am now in the 150's officially!
    Congrats on hitting the 150's Sandy, that is great! its crazy how arthritis messes with our bodies, its not like we don't have enough issues with all of our female stuff that goes on.....geeze

Quote: Same here as soon as I read that I though of wuv
    HAHAHA.....Well I am glad I leave an impression like that to be thought of that way....lol
  • Good evening! I hope everyone is having a great day! Congrats on the losses today at WI. Mine is tomorrow. I'm hoping for a good loss, but will take whatever is gone!
  • Quote: Good evening! I hope everyone is having a great day! Congrats on the losses today at WI. Mine is tomorrow. I'm hoping for a good loss, but will take whatever is gone!
    Good Luck on your WI tomorrow, I am sure you will do fine
  • Quote: Good Morning Ladies...
    Hope everyone has a wonder Wednesday! I am already at work! I am working another 12 hour day.... BLAH! Anyways this is off topic, but this morning on my way in the sunrise was soooooo beautiful! They sky was fire orange with some pinks! And if anyone has seen how pretty Mt. Rainier is... It looked pretty darn gorgeous...

I saw the beautiful Mt. Rainier today on my way to work. Very gorgeous sunrise this morning.

• Quote: Morning all!
    Had my official WI yesterday and I've hit the 50# mark! Woohoo!

Hope everyone has a great OP day!
    Amazing! Good for you, JodiM!

Quote: Way to go!!!!

I started exercising again Monday and my muscles are really sore. I know that low potassium can make you have muscle cramps so I was wondering if I should take two potassium pills now that I'm exercising again instead of my usual one. Any thoughts?
    I've been having the same issue with my pilates class on Mondays. I think I'm going to start taking an extra potassium on those days.

Quote: Congrats to everyone on their losses. My WI #3 today was only down 1lb. But thats still one pound off, yeah. But on the positive side, I showed the first noticable loss in inches. Down 4.25!!! WAHOO!!! Guess its give and take and as long as something is coming off that is the main thing, right?
    Inches are definitely the most important!
  • I haven't been on in forever, and have missed all of you! I've been incredibly busy. Last week I was in Dallas for a conference. It was amazing. I always leave these things with a mile-long to-do list though. Hubby went a long to catch up on some sleep, and we enjoyed some much needed alone time. We got to do a little shopping (awesome JCrew sale!!!) and eat a nice meal out each night. I did have 2 glasses of wine, and I drank way too much coffee during the conference. I usually don't drink any, and I know I didn't drink enough water to compensate. Being P2 during the trip was wonderful - made things so much easier. We went to an amazing Japanese hibachi-style place. It is so easy to be OP when they make it right in front of you! I skipped the rice and salad dressing (brought my own WF Italian), and told chef to only use soy sauce on my dinner. Hubby took all of my onions while I enjoyed broccoli (I used to hate broccoli!), mushrooms, and zucchini with my small filet. It was outstanding!
    I was shocked to see the scale up 6lbs when I got back, but it was all just weird retention from travel I guess. It was gone the next day. My scale yesterday said 165! I am really excited to WI tomorrow.
    I've had a lot of great comments about the way I look. I've been kicking up the professional wardrobe, and people have definitely noticed. I have some pants that need to be taken in, which is fun twist. I am in 10s on the bottom (I have one stubborn pair of 10 khakis that are still a bit snug) and medium tops - pretty much across stores so far.
    Sorry for the long post!!!
  • The site has been doing crazy things for me today!!!.....weird!
  • High Reunion Weekend and HS Reunion Cruise
    Just back from a great set of events! Felt great being fit and full of energy! The entire sequence of events (i.e. meet n greet, main event at school auditorium, and the cruise) went over well. And yes, I received the requisite set of stares--holy$@!* he is BACK--and compliments. Truthfully, I did not plan to make it to the 180s for the reunion, bit it was a nice coincidence.

It looks like I will have to move the mid 170s to "sharpen" my abs. Hence, the signature change to reflect my new goal of 177. I have been really pleased with the results I have seen so far with adding a limited set of abdominal exercises (namely weighted bent knee crunches and roman chairs, etc.) to my workouts. NO weight-training of course!

I actually put in my cardio and abs for morning workouts while I was on the cruise.

Had limited internet access, but was encouraged whenever by the daily postings whenever I logged on! Keep up the great work!
  • Tried turnips for the first time and impressed will be a good one to add to my staple of veggies to eat hope hubby likes them as well when he comes home to eat :-)
  • Good evening! Happy to report that I lost another pound this week and this is officially my last week on P1! Starting next Wed, I am officially starting to phase off.

I had a very difficult week this past week, mentally, trying to decide about reaching goal and phasing off, etc... I had a great talk with my coach this morning at WI, and made the firm decision to start phasing off next week. I can't tell you how relieved I feel to finally make this decision, it is like a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. So I am going to enjoy one more week at P1, try to use up my packets and gear up for the second half of this journey.

Congrats on all the losses today! Even though I am not able to get on here as much anymore, I still lurk when I get a quick second and it seems like everyone is right on track. Hopefully things will settle down for me and I can get on here a little more frequently.
  • Looks like you did great on all of your adventures Karl, glad to have you back!
  • I started my new job this week and I am loving it! Its exactly what I want to do in life. However, it is reeking all sorts of havoc on my carefully planned daily scheduled. I don't have time to enjoy my breakfast, coffee, and 3FC every morning. I usually drink a shake in the car now. This morning we had 6 inches of snow, which made my morning even more insane. I also cannot take water into my workspace - I try to drink 8-16 ounces in the morning before I start and another 16 at lunch, but its been really hard since I can only drink water at certain times, not sip on it all day.
    Working outside the house does have its advantages though. I'm not near a kitchen or fridge and can only eat what I packed. Its been nice!