Measuring Spinach?

• I love having a spinach salad for lunch as my veggie. I'm just always unsure if I'm actually having 2 cups. How do you measure baby spinach? I use a measuring cup, but I'm unsure if we're to press it down a little or leave it expanded. Help!!??
  • When I measured it I pressed it down firmly. I figured if it were shredded it would pack in the cup so I followed that train of thought. 2 cups of spinach was a lot of spinach.
  • Quote: When I measured it I pressed it down firmly. I figured if it were shredded it would pack in the cup so I followed that train of thought. 2 cups of spinach was a lot of spinach.
    I thought the same thing with the amount of spinach! Which is why I thought maybe pressing it down was the wrong way to measure. - Confusing
  • I do better with 1 cup of spinach mixed with some lettuce and another cup of cut up celery and cucumbers with the WF dressings. I've just burned out completely on spinach and WF dressings at this point.
  • I think spinach is supposed to be packed. I always weigh mine though.
  • Quote: I do better with 1 cup of spinach mixed with some lettuce and another cup of cut up celery and cucumbers with the WF dressings. I've just burned out completely on spinach and WF dressings at this point.
    I'm getting there with broccoli now. Not sure I could eat another piece.
  • Quote: I think spinach is supposed to be packed. I always weigh mine though.
    What is it suppose to weigh? That might be easier!
  • Quote: I'm getting there with broccoli now. Not sure I could eat another piece.
    I've gone through mushrooms, grilled veggies (zuccini, peppers mushrooms) broccoli, and I can't eat them anymore - need a break from them LOL That's why I'm on to spinach for now
  • Quote: I think spinach is supposed to be packed. I always weigh mine though.

how do you weigh veggies?? just curious as volume is different then weight?
  • Just made a truly awesome spinach salad- by wilting it! Never tried this before and was it ever tasty.
    Use your tsp of oil, heat in fairly large skillet, add 1/2- 1 cup peppers, saute over medium heat about 3-5 min. Add 2 cloves of garlic til fragrant (est. 30 seconds). Add tsp lemon juice then 1- 1.5 cups of spinach keep it cooking another 1-2 minutes until all spinach is wilted with peppers. It doesn't feel like you're eating spinach at all and it is so darned yummy...
    Sure you could skip the peppers if you don't like them and just make the spinach this way...