IP Daily Chat Tuesday 10/25/11

You're on Page 3 of 8
Go to
  • Quote: Good morning, It seems my body is dropping inches like something crazy lately. I put on my size 26 shorts straight out of the dryer and they are too big!...I am loving it. Got an appointment at the hip dr this morning, won't he just be amazed since he hasn't seen me since beginning of August, I think I was at 65lbs then. So I am sure he will be impressed, that I can walk normal with no limp at all, which I am soooo happy about!! Maybe I won't need to have a hip replacement anytime soon, at least that is what I an hoping

Have a great OP day!

good luck at the doctor
  • Okay, folks. I have been on this program for 12 weeks now. I've lost about 32 lbs. I have had no "cheats" -- no slips with a cookie or a chip or even a chick pea. Maybe a little extra protein here and there, but that's it.

I'm trying to figure out if I'm a slow loser or just average. I feel like especially this last week, I was so on point and I lost one pound. I know it's better than nothing, but I'm just feeling a little discouraged today.

So, talk me off the ledge here. I'm not going to do anything like eat a cookie (although we have them in the house), but the thought of phasing off is crossing my mind more and more.
  • tofu
    Quote: So, it is 8 oz of Tofu? it is exactly like the meat and fish? I did not know, how much exactly should the portion be, I thought it would be less than the meat cause it is high in protein, but not sure. Mine is not in water, it is the pressed plain one packaged kind of like cheese.

Thank you for replying
    That's how I do it -- just like meat, fish, or chicken.

Is the tofu organic? We're big on tofu here, but I only like to do organic for my 3-year-old.
  • Quote: Okay, folks. I have been on this program for 12 weeks now. I've lost about 32 lbs. I have had no "cheats" -- no slips with a cookie or a chip or even a chick pea. Maybe a little extra protein here and there, but that's it.

I'm trying to figure out if I'm a slow loser or just average. I feel like especially this last week, I was so on point and I lost one pound. I know it's better than nothing, but I'm just feeling a little discouraged today.

So, talk me off the ledge here. I'm not going to do anything like eat a cookie (although we have them in the house), but the thought of phasing off is crossing my mind more and more.
    That is an average of 2.7 lbs a week. On what other program would it be that consistent? You are losing at a rate that your body can handle and maintain. So keep going. There will be some weeks with great losses and some not, but you also need to take into account the inches that you are losing! Be proud of yourself, you're doing GREAT!!
  • Hi everyone been busy so haven't been on much. Weighed in yesterday lost another 3lbs brought me down to 31lbs lost in 7wks love it. My hubby now has to take me to get another charm for my pandora bracelet LOL.

Hope all is well.
  • Quote: Good morning, It seems my body is dropping inches like something crazy lately. I put on my size 26 shorts straight out of the dryer and they are too big!...I am loving it. Got an appointment at the hip dr this morning, won't he just be amazed since he hasn't seen me since beginning of August, I think I was at 65lbs then. So I am sure he will be impressed, that I can walk normal with no limp at all, which I am soooo happy about!! Maybe I won't need to have a hip replacement anytime soon, at least that is what I an hoping

Have a great OP day!
    Awesome news Wuv!! I see you made it over the hump and into the 200's while I was gone - congratulations!!!
  • Hello all,

Today is going good so far but for some reason i feel like im back to day one when I started with all the hunger im feeling. Wuv I hope you have a great appt with your Dr today.
  • Quote: That is an average of 2.7 lbs a week. On what other program would it be that consistent? You are losing at a rate that your body can handle and maintain. So keep going. There will be some weeks with great losses and some not, but you also need to take into account the inches that you are losing! Be proud of yourself, you're doing GREAT!!
    Well, since you put it that way...point taken. Off the ledge and steaming toward goal!

Thanks!
  • Another kind of ugh day...... staying OP and doing my best to push the water. I forgot my vitamins this morning, too.

Glad to hear all the good news from everyone. Wuv - best of luck at the doctor!

I've only had two days since being on program that I didn't lose any weight. Today was one of them. I think I may try eating red meat only once or twice a week. I'm a BIG red meat eater (no pun intended)

Have a great day, all!
  • Hello all... I lost another 10 lbs at my weigh in last night. That's 24 in two weeks! Couldn't be happier .
  • Quote: Okay, folks. I have been on this program for 12 weeks now. I've lost about 32 lbs. I have had no "cheats" -- no slips with a cookie or a chip or even a chick pea. Maybe a little extra protein here and there, but that's it.

Hey Rainbow, I am at 33lbs at 12 weeks as well. I have good days and I have bad days. Last week I went down 1lb as well, which surprised me as I was feeling great and really thought I was going to lose more. However, this program is still giving me a loss. Before IP I was on the treadmill 6 days a week a minimum of 60mins a day, and yes I ate a lot of protein but was only able to lose 10-15lbs and then was at a complete stall.

I know it seems frustrating when others are losing faster but you have to keep on going as at least you are going down and not going up. Myself personally am staying OP for the rest of the year and see where I am at, at that time.
  • Quote: Hello all... I lost another 10 lbs at my weigh in last night. That's 24 in two weeks! Couldn't be happier .
    That is awesome, way to go!!!!
  • I see a lot of people commenting about eating red meat once a week or so lately.
    Just an FYI I probably have red meat 4 times a week to be safe, and I have never noticed it having an impact.
    Heck I just made another order to Omaha steaks the other night.
    Protein is protein, you don't have to have fish or chicken every night on this diet.
    My wife who is smaller than me is still losing every week and she has the same meals I do so it's not because I am bigger.

I just don't want people to think they cannot have meat, obviously some people are different, but as a general rule it's not going to hurt you.

As always, just my opinion.
  • Quote: Hey Rainbow, I am at 33lbs at 12 weeks as well. I have good days and I have bad days. Last week I went down 1lb as well, which surprised me as I was feeling great and really thought I was going to lose more. However, this program is still giving me a loss. Before IP I was on the treadmill 6 days a week a minimum of 60mins a day, and yes I ate a lot of protein but was only able to lose 10-15lbs and then was at a complete stall.

I know it seems frustrating when others are losing faster but you have to keep on going as at least you are going down and not going up. Myself personally am staying OP for the rest of the year and see where I am at, at that time.
    You're right. I think seeing folks lose a lot so quickly makes me question myself, but I am seeing a consistent loss and that's miraculous for me.

Also, the fact that I have lost this much so far is making me impatient to be done. Does that make sense? I'm loving fitting into clothes I haven't been able to wear in years and I'm eager to get to the next group of sizes in my closet.

Anyway, every once in a while (especially when I've had very little sleep), I just start feeling discouraged. Thanks for the pep talk.
  • Quote: That is awesome, way to go!!!!
    TY