what is it with clothing sizes?

• Why do clothing manufacturers play with our heads?

I have several pairs of pants which fit differently:

Riders jeans from Kmart in size 26 that are hanging off my waist

two pairs of pants from Target in size 22 which fit very nicely (massimo brand)

And three pairs of pants from Walmart that I bought at my highest weight (256) Now I'm down to 237, and they're not any looser-and they're size 26!

I just don't get it!

Sherry
  • Well, I was thinking about getting some new jeans, and now I know where to go--it's Target for me and I'll definitely stay way from Wal-Mart!

It is strange, isn't it? I know that in higher end stores (like Nordstroms--that's a big one in my town), I can fit in much smaller sizes. It's a great ego boost!
  • I hear you ... I have a pair of jeans that I refuse to throw out. Size 12! I was trying on jeans many,many years ago, when I was about 150 pounds and wearing 16 most of the time with an occassional 14. I was at Marshalls, I brought about 6 pairs into the dressing room. I put these on and they were 'ok' ... I took them off and as I put them on the hanger, I saw that I had accidentally picked up a SIZE 12 and that was it, I HAD to have them -- lol.
  • Old stock and new stock of clothing really complicates this problem as the manufacturers have decided to mark what was size 8 to size four in order to make women feel better!!!! A good way to make us more confused than we already are. Every brand is different and now this!!! Just what we needed. LOL
    Pam