Got caught away from home yesterday ...

• ... and had to eat something - I was starving!!

So I grabbed a Five Guys little hamburger: no bread, topped w/ lettuce, tomato, dill pickles, mustard, mushrooms, onions, green peppers.

It was very tasty and I was proud that I found something I thought was ok.

This morning I gained 3 pounds!

• Wow that is really strange. I would've done the same and I don't think you've done anything wrong. I've never had a five guys hamburger so I dont know if they put anything in the meat but even if they did I don't think that would warrant a 3 lb weight gain.
    Hopefully tomorrow it will flush out.
  • ALWAYS be prepared with SOMETHING in your purse, bar or a shake you could put in a bottle of water. NEVER leave home without something. Five guy's burgers are very greasy. Even if you have to get some alternatives to keep in your purse that would be better than eating greasy food. Drink lots of water today, you should be fine. You may also be stressing about this and that can cause you to gain as well. Just get back to program today 100% and you will be ok
  • I caint do the bars/puffs/cereal (gluten).

But I will make sure I have a drink packet w/ me in future.

Do you suppose the grilled onions + mebbe too much fat in the meat was responsible?
  • Quote: I caint do the bars/puffs/cereal (gluten).

But I will make sure I have a drink packet w/ me in future.

Do you suppose the grilled onions + mebbe too much fat in the meat was responsible?
    I doubt it was too much unless you had like 3 patties and the onions probably did turn to sugar.
  • Well, most likely that weight is due to water retention caused by the extra sodium they might use. Also, just a reminder, we are not supposed to grill onions because the carb count in them increases significantly when they are cooked. Also, i guess some people use bread crumbs in burger patties, so that's also something to keep in mind. But as I said earlier, I think the weight is due to water retention and should come off in a day or two.
  • Well, in 2 days I've only lost .4 of that 3 pounds - 100% on program and 2 days of double water.

My TOM started today ... could THAT be wrecking havoc??
  • I doubt it was the burger but you can never know what is in a burger. I wouldn't worry to much about it now.

BUT, I would suggest you stop weighing yourself every day. Your TOM could be it but a lot of ppl retain weigh when they stress over the scale. Mine has been put away for almost 5 months. The vicious cycle in my head stopped.

Just do it for one week and see what it does for you.

Good Luck!
  • Yay! This morning 2 pounds gone overnight. Whew. No more 5 guys/grilled onions for me. Not willing to risk a 3 pound/2day set back.
  • Happy to hear your weight is back down. I'm guessing the weigh gain was from PMS, not the burger. But everyone is right in that we can only have raw onions. We eat out a lot, but I always tell them no butter and just grill/broil the meat, chicken or fish. Once I was out for dinner and ordered a steak. I told them no butter and the guy said good to know because they usually put butter on their steak. I've never heard of that, so it was a good reminder to always tell them no butter, "anywhere."