Does anyone else find it hard to kick the habit of buying "fat clothes"

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • I did have the problem for quite awhile... I almost had an argument with a sales clerk that nicely told me I was crazy trying on the size I was because it would be too big. She was right, it was 3 sizes too big!

It took quite a while for my vision of myself as thinner to match the changes that had occurred. Even at this point, I don't know what to expect. There's a part of me that wants to buy a dress as a goal dress, but I honestly don't know what I'll look like when I get to goal.

My blessing has been my daughters. They love to go shopping with me and are the first to tell me something is too big or it looks frumpy. They are even great at saying something looks hot on!
  • I did this just the other day! I bought a shirt on clearance, didn't try it on, just went a size smaller than what I used to wear - Tried it on when I got home, and I was swimming in it! I still go straight to the plus section and then I have to consciously remind myself to shop in the smaller sizes.
  • Quote: I recently gathered up all my outshrunken clothing to go to goodwill. It was a great feeling. I even gathered shorts from the next size down because with 6 months of winter knocking at my door, it will be a while before I will be wearing shorts again and I will be out of that size by the time spring comes around.
    But shopping, I havent done much of that yet because I have a closet full of smaller clothes that I have kept. I did buy 2 things on clearance in a size just below what I am now. I can't wait to lose enough to get into those clothes, they are so cute!
    I hated shopping for clothes as it was and is so depressing. If I dont look at tags, I constantly choose clothing that I "think" will fit but end up being 2-3 sizes too small. My view of myself is distorted as inside I don;t believe that I am as big as I am. Then I look in the mirror or see a picture that someone managed to get of me (I hate my picture being taken) and I am shocked at what I see because that is not how I see myself.
    As of today I am officially 3 sizes smaller! YEAH! when I started I had 4 bags of clothing that were too small. 3 weeks into it I took them all out and organized them by size. I had 3 different sizes that were too small. I labeled each bag on the outside with the size. As time went on and I went down in size I would put the fattys in a bag and take it to Goodwill and then pull out the smaller stuff. This weekend I finally emptied the last bag of "too small" stuff. Now it has become a pleasure to get rid of clothing. I treated myself to a pair of skinny jeans just to celebrate.