Just started!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hello,

I am new here and sorta new to weight watchers. I bought the points plus materials online awhile ago and started it, but it didnt' last. I'm not sure why. I just wasn't ready maybe who knows. I am ready and hoping I can get some support here and give it eventually.
    I am having a hard time figuring out how many points I need so if anyone can help me with that I would appreciate it!
    Thanks!

Female
    33 years old (in case anyone can help with the points)
  • using your info from the side I used my pointsplus calculator and got 47 as daily points for you...don't forget there is also an additional 49 that you can use in the week any way you want, but they don't roll over.

Welcome I'm also new to the points plus program...just got my materials from ebay friday so i'm still excited about it!
  • Thank you so much. I got my materials from Ebay too. So I am very excited! I wish you the best of luck and I hope we can get to know eachother and possible take this journey together!
  • I am using my books and receipes from when I began WW a few years ago..and I also downloaded an app for my android. I swear it's been the best thing I could have ever done. It really helps keep me on track and I never have an excuse as to not writing down what I eat

Best of luck with your weight loss!!! Look forward to hearing all about your successes...
  • Getting started too, this week has been trial run getting it all together. Got the rest of my stuff from Ebay too and the phone app is great.
  • which phone app did you download? I think it's the handiest tool..in my opinion

Goodluck on your journey! Look forward to hearing updates.
  • So Sassy...How have your first couple weeks been??? I was 6.6 down in my first 3 weeks and don't weigh in again until Tuesday morning.
  • Quote: which phone app did you download? I think it's the handiest tool..in my opinion

Goodluck on your journey! Look forward to hearing updates.
    Points Plus Diary, he has done a bunch of new stuff for us in the last few days, great little app, love the bar code scanner. I did most of my kitchen with that, man that makes fast work of a database! And it is only $1.49 can't go wrong with that.
  • i have that same app Dee...isn't it the greatest little thing?! And I agree with the barcode scanner, saves time having to input every detail

best 1.50 I ever spent, hahaha.

how has your week been so far?
  • Hey everyone, just started at home today with the Momentum Plan. I have done alot of reading as I was going to do the new PP program but have read alot of mixed reviews about it so I chose to go with the program I already have the material for.

Have had a great day thus far, only its 9:30pm and I still have 4pts left. And you guessed it, I'm not hungry...always the way in the beginning...

Looking forward to getting to know new friends...have belonged to 3FC for quite sometime but I was doing another program then..and well I have gained back all I lost but about 13lbs....it was quite depressing to have to change my ticker...since I was 167lbs when I was here last... Anyway it's a new start for me...no looking back!!

How is everyone else doing?

Kim
  • Well goodluck to you!! My day has been good. I was within my points which is always a bonus I am always a little scared when I have days off....when i am working, i am too busy to think about food. But when i am home....i swear food calls my name, lol. Please tell me I am not the only one?!? please?!?! lol.
    My WI day is coming up on Sunday....i didn't lose last week, so i am looking for some new numbers

look forward getting to know you. where abouts in ON are you?!
  • Thanks Mandi, and goodluck to you as well!! And good luck with the WI on Sunday!!

This is my weekend off, so I am thinking all will go well, it's when I come home from work at 11pm that I am worried about, I think I am going to make a batch of the veggie soup to have on hand for when I get home. I am usually pretty hungry. Maybe it's also just a BAD HABIT I have...time will tell!!

I am going to have every Friday as my WI day...going to TRY to stay off the scales until then, I am bad for weighing...daily...more then once a day. So this is something I have to work on....:-P

I work in nursing as well, I'm in longterm care as a PSW.

I live about an hour East of Toronto where abouts are you?

Congrats on the 30lb loss!!!
  • Thats funny that you say that about weighing in "daily" I, too am guilty of that. Although I have been pretty good this time around with the scale, sometimes I jump on mid-week It is a terrible habit but sometimes i feel like its a motivator...although I am sure if I really think about it...it's probably doing the opposite, lol.

I am a RPN at a Retirement Home/Assisted Living facility....and I live about 30 minutes outside of Ottawa, however my home town is about an hour or so from Toronto...a dinky little town that I am sure no one has ever heard of, hahahaha.

looks like we have a few things in common that's great!! I look forward to getting to know you

Enjoy the weekend!
  • Quote: i have that same app Dee...isn't it the greatest little thing?! And I agree with the barcode scanner, saves time having to input every detail

best 1.50 I ever spent, hahaha.

how has your week been so far?
    Yeah, me too on the $1.50 he just keeps making that little app even better, I love it. I have been op for about 6 days and off for 2 and down about 2.5. So not complaining. Also tracking my calories/carbs with fatsecret.com and they have an anroid app/ scanner too, so that makes it nice and I think keeps my in line better, REAL NUMBERS so not so much OMG I ate that much
    I went to spend a couple days with an old friend and just had fun. Still having trouble getting the GHG all in but getting better at it. Never been a big whole grains, pasta or a bread person. But so far am loving the plan and it is a doable lifestyle for sure. How was your week kiddo?
  • Ok, so is this the nurses sub forum I am a hospice nurse in Tampa fl. I used to work ltc and may start again first of the year. I weigh once a week, too easy to get caught up in the scale and depressed when I think I "should" have lost but didn't. Hope everyone of us has a great week.