Tried on boots today - just not going to happen

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • I have trouble with boots and socks also. I spent several weeks last year shopping for cowboy boots in three different states! I finally found a pair of 'vintage' peewee style that fit me. They are shorter than 'normal' boots and the split in front and back is much deeper than normal; they are designed to tuck the pants into although I don't tuck. My calf is 19 and my ankle is 12" and I wear a size 10-11w, so not much fits me. One of the salesmen told me I could pick a pair of the taller boots that came close to fitting and have them cut/resewn to fit me, but I didn't want to risk that. Since I try to buy socks in the men's department and My Hubby's feet are slightly larger than mine any socks I try that don't fit me he gets.
  • Haa. This autumn I was able to buy boots for the first time in my life! I haven't lost any "weight" around my legs, I believe that even if I were skinny, my calves would still be too big for the standard boots... (partly because of genetics and partly because I have given them hard time with extreme sports)

The reason why I got to buy boots that are actually even a bit too wide for me, is simple - the shops have started to sell XL size. Wohohooo

I blame the fashion industry for catering for too skinny legs only. I don't blame myself any more.
  • I toss in my vote for Duo boots as well! Once they have your measurements on file they can make any of their boots to fit your size. They even take into consideration whether you want to wear it over clothes (like say skinny jeans or leggings) or bare. I own two of their boots and I treated them horribly (over every type of terrain you can imagine) but they still shine like new. Great quality and I'm definitely buying from them again. You can also view how the boots look when they're worn and moving on their website.

They also make 'thinner' width boots for those who have far too skinny calves where even the supposedly sleek boots look baggy on them.
  • Nice boots, Berry!

I've given up on tall boots for this winter, and bought short boots to quell the craving. I just got these, and they look great with jeans and skirts!

http://www.zappos.com/clarks-gallery-ink-black-nubuck
  • Not sure if anyone said this but Old Navy has a Plus line of clothes, which includes some very cute Wide Calf Boots I included the link below, great price (the website has free ship on orders over $50 & free plus returns)

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/produc...lse&sdReferer=
  • Nice way to handle it.