Annual "No Halloween Candy" pledge!

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • I've been abstinent, but the dangerous time for me was always AFTER Halloween. Because I love a bargain. Something in me is more permissive when stuff is marked 50% off. (As if the calories were correspondingly reduced.) So I've really got to watch the candy aisle in the grocery store and the drugstore, where the marked-down stuff will be out in prominent display.
  • I have to stay out of the store after any candy holiday....I am soooo weak when it comes to candy.
  • Okay, I'll confess. On Saturday I had 2 fun sized snickers, 2 fun sized almond Joys, and probably a cup of candy corn. (Over the course of a football game) It was tasty, but the guilt was bad. I didn't make my pledge, but I didn't binge on the stuff, so that's a good thing...right?
  • Lori Bell, You did good.

• Quote: Okay, I'll confess. [snip] I didn't make my pledge, but I didn't binge on the stuff, so that's a good thing...right?
    In other words, it was a long slow skid, not a crash?

You are absolved, my child.

Go forth, counting calories truthfully and vigilantly, and eat no more cheap chocolate. That is, not till the next holiday, when you decide what to allow yourself.

Be healthy.
  • Quote: Fail, epic fail...
    I was not abstinent either but the pledge helped a lot with damage control. One evening of a few is still better than 30 days with a few each day!
  • Hugs to all.

I passed, not difficult since I was under a bug and had no desire for any food.

A good start to the food holidays season.
  • I do want to let everyone know that I'm ok. I'm still on track and maintaining although I'm close to my red line. It didn't help that we had a huge potluck at work on Tuesday. I signed up for clean-up duties and that was a mistake I'll never make again. Those homemade desserts get me everytime... Then we went out to dinner on Wednesday--DH birthday. I forced myself to get on the scale yesterday morning and I was at my red line. I have a history of weight denial. I'm deflating...