I'm a yo-yo

• Hello all
    So I'm a yo-yo. I went from 154lbs down to 109lbs and I'm back up to 145 which is just tipping overweight for my height.

I originally lost my weight by calorie counting and eating tons of veggies. I rarely ate out and I never ate straight candy/chocolate. I did treat myself but went for things like 100 cal snacks, rice krispie treats etc.

I thought I was in the clear as I had maintained my weight loss for about 2.5-3 years. The last 7 months have been the most rapid in terms of weight gain - from 113 to 145. I'm scared!

I'm trying out WW with a friend next week and I'm sort of doing a 10 day dry run starting today (and if you're Canadian you know it's Thanksgiving hahaha)

It's nice to have some online support as a few of my friends at work are not being supportive. I realize I am not obese but the patterns and the rate at which I have been gaining really alarm me and I am trying to be proactive rather than waiting until I am obese.

Wish me luck!
  • Welcome to 3FC!

You might be interested in a lot of different areas, and no matter what type of weight loss plan you end up using I think you'll find a good home at 3FC

To start there's the Weight Watchers section. Even if you're giving it a trial, you'll find a lot of people down there who can lend a hand with questions or comment on how they're using the program.

There's also the Maintainers area. I know you're trying to lose, but there are people who've lost weight, maintained, and then gained some weight back, so don't hesitate to reach out. (I never got down to maintenance, but I myself have regained a chunk of weight that I'd lost, so I truly understand how difficult it is. You aren't alone.)

There's all sorts of support over the site. Don't hesitate to jump on in and make yourself comfortable.

Best of wishes on your journey!
  • Hello and welcome I'm new here and was looking for some online support as well, I know what it's like to have unsupportive people who aren't really helping your diet. Just remember that you don't have to justify yourself to them, and that your decision to become healthier is a positive change that can only benefit your life. If they don't understand then ignore 'em, just know that if you lost it before you can do it again. Good luck!