Hi everyone i'm Dayna

• Hi i'm new to the forum, i just signed up today. I think this is great, I could definitely use the support and help if anyone is willing to offer. Last year I was big into the gym I was in the best shape of my life. I weighed 132 lbs, looking back i was way too thin. Over the winter and up until now I gained quite a bit of weight i am about 180. I was always a big girl my biggest was 220, and i am terrified to end up that size again. I'm trying so hard to get down to 140, but i cant seem to motivate myself into getting on track with dieting and getting back into the gym like i used to. I cant seem to find a diet plan that works. I don't really have the support at home like i need. I would really appreciate it if someone has feedback for me.

Thanks for listening
  • Welcome to the forum!!!
    Throw the word motivation out of the window. Losing weight and living healthier takes commitment and determination. Even when we are not motivated to do it, we must be determined to stay the course.
    You will find ton of information on this site about many different eating plans. I personally choose to count calories. My weight loss has not be quick however, calorie counting lets me eat what I want for the most part. But the most important thing is I really feel I have developed eating habits that I can stay with long term.
    You have done this before and you will do it again!!! Best of luck to you!

• I know you'll find the kind of support you're looking for here!
  • Hello, Dayna. This is my first day here too! I know exactly what you mean about not having support at home for your fitness goals, I'm currently dealing with such as well. I haven't tried any specific diet plans, but I've been finding lower calorie substitutes of things that I like to eat. Also cutting out empty calories in things like coffee drinks and soda will help a lot, drinking water as often as you can is ideal. Take care and best of wishes in your endeavors!