New here, hi :)

• Hi everyone, I'm new here. I joined this site because I'm feeling very discouraged and I'm really starting to feel alone, despite having a wonderful boyfriend. I'm hoping to make some friends and maybe get some tips on some of the things I'm going through.

I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism back in May, but there's no telling how long I've had it. Over the years, I've managed to gain about 50 lbs, a large part of it being when I was still very young and active.

I've definitely fallen off the wagon of eating healthy the past couple months. I was doing really well for a while, but I don't have a vehicle anymore which can make it very difficult for me to get to the market.

The past month or two, I absolutely cannot control my cravings of junk food. I've gone from eating very healthy salads with vinegar and oil, and fruits and veggies - to eating pizza multiple times a week and going to the gas station to get candy, chips, and soda or iced tea. If I don't have it, I absolutely obsess over it and drive myself crazy.
  • hi! I'm hypothyroid too... Grr! glad you found this chat, it's super helpful!!
  • Thanks! I'm glad I did too, looking forward to meeting some nice people and getting healthier.
  • Welcome to the forum! You will find a ton of support and information on this site.
    Best of luck on your weight loss journey.
  • Welcome! Im quite new too, and i love this site. Good luck with your weight loss x
  • Hey, I'm new as well, today's my first day in the forums. I used to have a real problem with soda until I slowly started weaning myself off of it. Change starts small, just one unhealthy thing replaced by something better for you will make a difference. I know it's tough but you can reach your goals if you keep trying. Good luck with your fitness goals, we're all in this together.
  • Welcome, I am new here too.